Chapter 3

Royce 

' Its too hot to sleep'

'I got the sheets on the  floor, nothing on me"

I'm awaken by the startling sound of Jason Derulo's voice streaming through my Alarm clock speakers at 6 am. I am a huge Jason Derulo fan, the only other person who knows this is Jas.

Already my mind travels to her. Beautiful, amazing, Jas, who is across the world at this moment.

I hit the snooze button on my alarm, it is a Saturday, who gets up at 6 am on a Saturday? Not me, that's who.

...

'And i can't take it no more'

'It's a hundred degrees'

Oh my goodness.

I swear, a 5 minute snooze button does nothing for me.

Eventually, I make the decision to just press the off button.

I've come to the conclusion that the off button doesn't work, I been pressing it non-stop for 5 minutes straight and it won't shut off. I stomp out of bed and unplug the cord before stomping back to bed.

...

'I got one foot out the door'

'Where are my keys'

Shit.

What the heck, I shut it off, I unplugged it. I suddenly come to the realization that its not my alarm clock that's making the music.

I sit up in my bed. rubbing my eyes that are still heaving with sleep as the music gets louder.

Suddenly my door flew open to my brother standing there holding  a fairly large speaker over his head. He continues to stand there awkwardly, until I fall back into my pillow.I lay there for a few seconds before the main course of " I want you to want me" starts playing through his massive speakers.

'Girl, you're the one, I want you to want me, and if you want me, girl you got me, there's nothing I, no I wouldn't do, I wouldn't do, to get up next to you' 

My brother sings along with the track as he dancing around my room.

" Girllllll, you're the one, I want you to want meeeeee" he sings in a high pitch mocking voice, slightly rough from just waking up.

" Dude, it's 6 am, what are you doing?" I ask

" what do you mean? I'm just jamming to Jason Derulo" He says like he's innocent.

" But why are you here, In my room, at 6 am?" I ask

" What do you mean? Maybe I just wanna spend some quality time with my brother" he says with a hint of mockery when he says brother.

" Did you take it into consideration that maybe I just wanna sleep, why don't you go find one of your barbie dolls to annoy" I say as I get up to push him out of my room.

" Fine twerp, I only came up here to annoy you, Jason Derulo sucks balls " He says with an annoyed voice.

" Well he can't be nearly as bad as you" I say as I shut the door on his face.

I hear him as he stomps down the stairs and I hop back into bed.

...

" I give up" I reluctantly say to myself after being unsuccessful in falling back asleep for 30 minutes. I quietly get up being careful not to knock over the glass of water on my night stand. I walk to my closet and pick out a pair of black skinny jeans and a AC DC T-shirt. Jas bought it for me, knowing how much I liked the band. I gently take the blue shirt and throw it over my head and on to my body, its cool material feeling comfortable on my hot skin.  I put on socks and a brown belt and head towards the bathroom. The door feels heavy to my touch as I shut it closed, I stand there for a minute, just looking in the mirror, my reflection looks sad and sleep deprived.