PROLOGUE...

PROLOGUE...

Manik ruffles his hair and with smile replies, "It's ok

Manik ruffles his hair and with smile replies, "It's ok." Hredhaan hugs Manik, "I don't know why I can't control my anger."

"It's not you kiddo. It's runs in Malhotra family." Manik says chuckling and making Hredhaan chuckle as well.

"Naquashi.... what is she doing here?" Hredhaan thinks to herself as he looks at the school gate and finds Naquashi looking here and there and then on her watch as if waiting for someone to show up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Which class is it?" She asks pointedly.

"Maths." They all say together.

"Well now it's free." All of them hoot loudly. "Shhh.... lower your voices everyone. I know it's a free period but the rest of the classes are still on I hope we can be a little silent." All of them nod and sit properly. "What do you guys want to do?" She asks them.

"Uhhh introduction." One of the student says.

"Urgh boring. I will remember your names few by few I can't take them all in at once. No better idea guys." She asks freely and they nod in no. "Alright what are you guys doing anyways."

"Nothing much. Just talking." The other student says.

"Well we have time we all can talk. I don't want to get bored." Everyone chuckles a little at her words.

"Talk like what ma'am."

"Umm... anything." Nandani says. "What's the latest series you guys have been watching?"

"Series like in. Netflix."

"Duh.... yes genius like Netflix." Nandani says reacting to his complete amusement. "Your name."

"Kartik." He replies getting up.

"Alright Kartik what's on your watchlist." Nandani asks being friendly.

"Like seriously." He says with a raised eyebrow looking super surprised just like others.

"Ma'am you watch netflix." Samira asks a little confused.

"Hell yes I do. What do you think I am? 50 or what. I am young. I watch netflix, it's pretty much my life and chocolates." She adds last word thoughtfully.

"What's your favorite series?" Namani asks.

"Uhnn... Well I will have to say Friends. I guess."

"Wooh..." everyone hoots in excitement.

"What's the latest you are binge watching?" Kartik asks.

"Defending Jacob. Chris Evans. Anybody." She asks looking around.

"It's awesome." One of the student says.

"Agreed." Nandani says. "Now you genius." Nandani says looking at Kartik and sounding sarcastic.

"Umm.... How to get away with murder?" He replies.

"Wooh.... jeez whom are you gonna kill." Nandani says mockingly.

"Have you watched it?" He asks.

Nandani nods in negative, "It's on my list. How's it?"

"Pretty good." He agrees. "You should watch it."

"Alright I will. Then we can plot a murder together." Everybody laughs at her words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi cutie pie." Nandani greets.

"Hi... I am Keisha." Keisha says shaking Nandani's hand.

"Oh it's so nice to meet you."

"Keisha loves meeting new people and when she got to know she has a new neighbor and that too a girl with long hair she just wanted to meet you since then." Nandani chuckles hearing her.

"So you like long hair."

Keisha nods in agreement, "I love long hair and you have really pretty long hair just like Rapunzel."

"Thank you so much. You know I really like your hair too. They are very pretty." Nandani says ruffling Keisha's hair making her smile.

"So Nandani when are you willing to take me up on my offer for dinner. What about this weekend." Navya asks with a smile really excited herself to have a new friend.

"Oh... actually that won't be possible I am leaving for Bangaluru in morning I won't be back till a week. I haven't been to my parent's place since I came back to India. Though I just landed day before yesterday. But it's been a long time since I have seen them. So i would be about for a week. But would love to have dinner with you once I am back."

"Alright it's a deal then."

~~~~~~~

"Damn you chashmish.... When did you become such a wild cat? Let go for once." Cabir yells and pleads.

"No use of pleading, Cabbage. This won't help you. You should have checked your behaviour before."

"Oh come on who thinks that being mischievous as child will cost them heavily as an adult."

Nandani rolls her eyes and hitting his forehead says, "You idiot I am talking about when I came here. You guys started by teasing me what makes you think that I am going to spear you, peeps." She smirks.

"One sec guys.... Cabby is Cabbage...." Hredhaan says trying to control his laughter.

Nandani nods in agreement, "Cabby aka Cabbage aka bandgobhi aka kabootar."

"Chashmish...." Cabir screeches.

"Kabootar...." Nandani points her index finger at Cabir just the way he did.

"Aluuu...."

"Bandgobhi...."

"Kishmish...."

This time Nandani lips the word that shocks Cabir and in seconds he folds his hand in front of her, "No... please.... no.... I loose you win but don't say that word."

"Waahhh...." Navya says mocking being offended. "Nooooo..... Nandani pls now I really want to know this name. Please...."

Nandani teasingly looks back at Cabir with a smirk to see his horror stuck face nod in negative.

~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for more
&
For now signing off
SHIVIKA...