𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:LOKI

CHAPTER NINE:
LOKI

     "AGENT BARTON, REPORT." NICKY FURY'S voice fell through their ears, making the two agents exchanged looks before they both slid down the rope, landing on the floor as they made their way towards their boss. As soon as Fury saw Olivia, a sigh immediately fell from his lips. Olivia smiled kindly at her boss, stopping right in front of him with Clint joining her side. He pointed to the woman before saying, "You enjoy this shit way too much."

     "I know." The girl nodded.

     He turned his head to look at Clint. "I gave you this detail to keep a close eye on things."

     "Well, I see better from a distance." Clint responded, giving the nod of his head.

     "Are you seeing anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asked. Before Clint could answer, a doctor turned to Selvig, yelling about the tesseract spiking once again. Fury turned his head back towards Clint.

     "No one's come or gone. It's oven is clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s. If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end." Clint answered.

     "At this end?" Fury questioned.

     "Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? The doors open from both sides."

     "I really need to start reading the case files again." Olivia muttered, her arms crossing over her chest as she turned her head to look at the cube before looking at Clint once more. Her eyes immediately go back to the cube when it turns on. The doctors back away and Olivia's eyes glows blue as she watches a portal start to open. Directions were thrown left and right, everyone going silent when a figure approached from a portal. Olivia allowed her claws to form from her hands, cocking her head slightly as she felt the fangs extend in her mouth. Clint placed a hand on the woman's shoulder, hoping to stop her from attacking before being attacked first.

     A spear was placed in the mans hands, greasy black hair that went down to his shoulders as he looked around at everyone. The portal behind him disappears as he smiles at everyone. Fury takes a step forward. "Sir please put down the spear!" Fury calls to him. The man only smiles before using said weapon to shoot a blast from it. Clint quickly takes it upon himself to tackle both Fury and Olivia out of the way. Shots were fired at the god as he started to slowly walk forward. However, the bullets simply deflect off of him.

     "Who the fuck is this guy?" Olivia breathes from her spot on the ground.

     Before Olivia could even blink, Clint had tried to attack the man and she watched as he was stopped. The man pressed the scepter to Clint's chest before saying, "You have heart."

     "Clint!" Olivia shouted, watching as his eyes were glazed over with a light blue, almost the same color as Olivia's eyes when she used her powers. She let out a growl going to get up only to be stopped by Fury. He subtly shook his head at her before nodding towards the tesseract. Olivia frowned, her eyes glancing between both Clint and the cube before nodding her head.

     Fury looks at Olivia, silently closing the brief case that contained the cube and nodded his head. The two stand up, attempting to sneak away before getting caught, only to fail. The man smirked before saying, "Please don't. I still need that."

The duo turn to face the man, Olivia's eyes looking at her best friend and feeling her fangs trying to poke from her gums. She wanted to rip this mans throat out with her teeth for even touching Clint, and now he had taken him over and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. She silently cursed to herself. Out of all the times she listened to Fury's orders, why did she decide to do this now?

     "This doesn't have to get any messier." Fury told the man.

     "Of course it does." The man smiled. "I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

     "Loki?" Dr. Selvig spoke up. "Brother of Thor?"

     "We have no quarrel with your people." Fury assured him.

     "An ant has no quarrel with a boot." The man, Loki, responded.

     "You planning to step on us?" Fury quizzed, a slight amusement underlying in his voice.

     "I come with glad tidings of a world made free," Loki responded.

     "Free from what?" Olivia snarled, clenching her jaw as she forced herself to stay in control. Her eyes finally moved from Clint to look over at Loki.

     "Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart. . ." He turned, pressing the scepter against Dr. Selvig's chest, placing the man under Loki's control.  "You will know peace."

     "Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing." Fury said with a small scoff.

     Suddenly, Clint spoke up, and hearing him call Loki sir made Olivia's eyes glow viciously. "Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us."

     "Like the Pharaohs of Odin." Loki smiled.

     "He's right." Selvig spoke up. "The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical."

     "Well then." Loki sighed with a smile before turning to look at Clint. He nods his head once and without hesitancy, Clint holds up his gun and shoots both Fury and Olivia in the chest. He walks by, grabbing the brief case before quickly fleeing with Selvig and Loki following closely behind.

 He walks by, grabbing the brief case before quickly fleeing with Selvig and Loki following closely behind