𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙄𝙨 𝙎𝙪𝙛𝙛𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜

Oikawa but make it angst

Oikawa's eyes felt dry as he blinked in the dark of his room. Faint blue light illuminated his face in a small glow as his phone buzzed and pinged with notifications. He pressed his lips together, rubbing the slowly chapping skin in a sort of way to fidget around. His thumbs hovered above the glass—his muscles not daring to move. He sucked in a breath and watched as his chest rose and fell in the confinement of his borrowed hoodie.

It wasn't uncommon for him and Iwaizumi to share clothes, after all they were best friends.

(Fun fact im turning auto caps off bc I think it's more depressing) it was normal for friends to share each other's clothes, right? after all, half of their shirts had belonged to the other at one point in their life. oikawa had a slimmer, but longer torso than iwaizumi. iwaizumi had much broader shoulders but was still shorter than the star setter. oikawa found comfort in tops that would rest on his shoulders a little wide and surround himself in the warm fabric while iwaizumi opted for tighter shirts that had minimal fabric since he often felt too hot. the temperature preferences between the pair had caused many an argument before resulting in an often violent game of turning the ac up and down. oikawa pulled the hood of the shirt over his head—scalp tingling at the delicate contact it had with the hoodie. He sunk back into it, laying down on his bed while trying to make his body as huddled and small as possible. He let his eyes scan the screen again, rereading the messages that were aggressively tugging at his heart.

<12 Iwa-chan❤️✨

hey shittykawa

hey! thats so vulgar i gggggggh thought you loved me

who told you that lie

:,( so mean

anyways guess what

?

i got accepted to a university in the states

why aren't you responding?

read: 11:53 PM

oikawa bit his lip back, aiming to draw blood. he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment—blue purple blobs clouding his vision. he balled on if his fists, digging his nails into his palms. the pain was sharp, yet blunt at the same time. it reminded oikawa of himself, contradictory. he wanted to feel happy for iwaizumi but it was just so hard to feel anything relatively pleasant when his closest friend would be leaving him for 4 whole years. it wasn't like they would be able to visit often anyways given that they would be living in different countries. he felt a sort of emptiness residing in his stomach. he was lacking something, and it hurt so so bad. with each shuddering breath it felt as if his heart was being squeezed by someone's calloused hand. He hadn't realized he was crying until he saw wet pools staining the light green of his sheets. he touched his index finger to it and parted his lips at the realization of the source. his breaths seemed to flutter in irregular patterns like a swarm of mariposa butterflies migrating to warner weather. he wished he could be somewhere warmer. goosebumps created mounds of cold along his arms. he made his hand flat and spread out his fingers as he wiped it across his cheeks. you wouldn't be able to tell in the dark, but his face looked like a mess. Tears were spread around his face now and he could feel snot running from his nose. he felt disgusting, but didn't want to move. he pushed the palm of his hand to his lips, forcing his sons to be choked and silenced. his body bucked against himself as he tried to seal away all that he was feeling. his throat burned from trying to surprise his tears and with every swallow he took, it felt as if he was swallowing rocks. the rocks were jagged, dirty, and big as they scraped away at his insides while they were pushed down his body. why did he feel this bad? it hurt so much he just wanted it to stop already. he loosened his grip on his phone and set it down on a pillow as he stood up and took deep, silent breaths in and out. the tears came to a stop after a few minutes of staring blankly at the glowing stars he had placed along his walls when he was a kid. He took in a breath and held it there, just to make sure that no more tears would unexpectedly spill out from his watery eyes. His breathing steadied and his heartbeat relaxed, finally rid of the minor panic attack he had just gone through. The soft sensation of fresh tissues tickled his fingers as he blotted his face down. oikawa pulled the strings of the hoodie tighter on his head so that it was hugging his skull. Pulling the sleeves over his hands, he sunk back into his bed, still staring at his phone. his phone vibrated against the mattress, sending a buzz through the entire bed. oikawa let it ring for a few seconds—his brain unable to process what the sound could mean. but, when he understood it, his eyes widened, he felt a rush of cold air against his eyes as he almost jumped towards the device. gripping onto the case with the force of an alligator's jaw, he read out the name.