Sol's Unrequitable Letter

From afar, as I watch you run, as I chase after you, I stare in awe at your sombre glow, giving me a sense of gloomy calm. You never stop, and neither do I, ever cycling and ever distant. Sometimes we get closer, but everything darkens. At times we are furthest from each other, but everything is brighter. It pains me to know that if I ever catch up to you, it may be more harm than good, so I keep my pace, as you keep yours. People think of us as two halves of a whole and the speculation brings me joy, knowing that even if we may never meet, we are together. I wonder about your thoughts, whether they are of me, or of gaining more distance between us. And I fear that I may not be part of your thoughts at all.

Off on your own, careful of your steps but vigilant of others. Take precautions to distance yourself, as your glow attracts eyes. Beauty unparalleled but yet portrayed many times over. I see them illustrate and try to capture your beauty within their recreations, often coming close but never being able to capture it fully. I wonder if you pay attention, to their superstitions and wishes, to their confessions, to their troubles. Or do you simply allow the words to fly by you? Insignificant and unimportant to you. Regardless of either, my want to convey my feelings grows stronger every passing phase.

Though I realize, you're ever lasting and never changing, while I will change, without my want and warrant. Nature takes its course, and I am but a victim. You have reached your peak and constant state, and as I admire you now, I might not one day. And one day, I might be the cause of your death as I cease existence myself. Thought I wonder again, whether you will notice me if I change, and whether you notice me now. How fickle your heart may be.

If ever we could meet, if ever we were allowed to close our distance, I would hold you close, I would request a smile, I would ask you to stay. But I know this will never happen, I know what would happen, what damage would be upon you, what damage I would cause to you. And that's the least of what I want.

From Sol to Luna,

With unrequited love