Chapter 1

Hey guys! Please remember to vote for this story if you like it! Thx <3
-Ally

The crystal blue water splashed my face as I ran through it. The sun was up, and it lit up the baby blue sky. It was a beautiful Florida morning. I glanced behind me. My 14 year old sister, Alexandra, stood behind me, smiling.

I dove in and swam to my usual swim spot, a little island covered in soft sand and rocks surrounded by a tropical forest. I hopped up onto the rock and laid down on my back, sighing. I closed my eyes and laid there in silence.

A few moments later, water splashed the bottom of my feet and I suspected it was Alexandra. I waited, with my eyes still closed, for her to come sit beside me or throw sand in my face.
Sure enough, she grabbed a whopping handful of sand and dropped it on my stomach.

"Geez, Alex," I groaned as I sat myself up. My favourite aquamarine bikini top was full of sand, rocks and other crud.
She sat down beside me.

"It's pretty,"she said, glancing at our huge home by the water.
"We are lucky to have it,"I said.
"You can say that again."
"We are lucky-"I said before she interrupted me.
"I wasn't being literal,"she said.
"I know," I sighed as I brushed the dirt off of me and laid back down.
We stayed there until dinner.