COUNT THE TEETH

I sprinted down the hall, away from those things. I took random turns, hoping to get as far away from those things as I could. I turned right down a hall, before stopping in my tracks. Something tall stood at the end. My breath caught as I realized what it was: Freddy. It wasn't looking at me, so I quietly backed up and kept my eyes on it. And then I bumped into something that hadn't been there a moment ago. I whipped my head around and there in front of me was Chica.

"You thought you could escape me, you little shit?" Nate's voice boomed around me. I looked around, but couldn't see him. "Me and my friends here are gonna have so much fun with you!" I didn't hesitate anymore as I slipped past Chica and into the endless maze of hallways. I had no clue where I was, and frankly, I only cared about getting out of here. I saw a door and glanced around me. Seeing nothing, I slipped into what appeared to be a closet. And not a moment too soon, as I heard footsteps get louder and louder before something walked by the door, momentarily cutting off the light from entering under the door. I held my breath, listening to its footsteps getting quieter again before I flung the door open and started running again. I got to the end of a hallway, to a four-way crossroads. I took a breath, pausing to listen for noises. But it was dead silent. I shivered and turned left. After a few minutes of running to god knows where I paused and took a breath. Being cautious, I listened for footsteps and still heard nothing. As I was preparing to run again, the lights flickered and went out. I heard a laugh, Nate's laugh echo through the halls. I started walking down the halls, still listening for noises. A chorus of footsteps started at once, some close and some far. I turned a corner and stopped dead. The only thing I could see in the darkness was a pair of glowing red eyes. We stared at each other for a moment, before I bolted. I heard it chasing me, its heavy footsteps pounding against the ground. I carelessly took turns, having to dodge animatronic at the last moment multiple times. As I took a turn, I saw it. Off in the distance was a tiny speck of light. Praying that it was an exit, I forced myself to run faster. I knew I had an army of animatronics on my tail, but I ignored them and kept running. The light was getting closer and closer, and as it came into view I could tell it was a door in a small, otherwise empty room. I laughed loudly, the door getting clearer and clearer under the flickering light. However, as I was just mere meters from the door, the animatronic that looked like Nate stepped in front of me. I screamed and, unable to stop in time, crashed into it. Its finger wrapped around my neck as it held me against a wall. I felt my feet leave the ground as I clawed at its metal arm. The hoard of animatronics that had been chasing me entered the small room, and I saw Nate step into the light. I frowned.

"I can't leave you alone for five minutes..." He sighed and shook his head. The robotic hand around my neck tightened, and I wheezed for air. "I guess I'll just have to teach you a lesson. And maybe even make an example out of you, the poor fool who tried to escape Natemare."

My eyesight was getting fuzzy, my head starting to spin. I sputtered a "Fuck you." and saw his scowl before passing out.