10: Pep Talk?

BAKUGO

I can't believe I lost to that girl in the video game. But I also can't believe that a girl like her is into video games at all. She seems to know every move and skill her character has. A cute cool girl like her is such a turn-on. Shut the fck up brain!

We were all shocked to know that she plays, if anything we expected Earphone girl to be a gamer than Uraraka, 'cause she gives a cool vibe. But maybe she got it from her boyfriend, or best friend, whatever she said. It's so obvious though that they're into each other. I mean, hugging and touching hairs and eating out like that?! They're definitely going out. Why does it even bother me? IT DOESN'T!! OKAY, BRAIN? YOU LISTEN TO ME, NOT TO THAT WEIRD VOICE IN MY HEAD!!

Arghhh, I can't sleep. Why does my head keep thinking about her!! Because I lost to her in a fcking video game. Yeah, that's it. That's just it. I hate losing. I don't lose. We should have a proper rematch, and I should beat her in it. And after that, my mind will be at peace again.

I gave up forcing myself to sleep. I sat on my bed and pulled my phone to play some games. While I am playing, I suddenly had the desire to go to my balcony. Ever since my encounter with Uraraka that night, I kept looking at my window thinking she'd be there. But it has been days since that night, and I had never seen her float outside again. I took a chance and looked at my window again.

There she is. Floating graciously on the horizon. I guess now's the time she took a chance again. I saw a rope around here connecting to somewhere in her room. Taking precautionary measures, I like that. She should always take care of herself. I stepped outside and saw her admiring the moon again. I wonder what she sees in there. I mean it's just a ball of rocks and metals. Nothing special.

I like this face on her as well, other than the determined look. Right now, she looks so calm and contented. Her eyes glowing from the light of the moon, and that small smile she wears is really pretty. 

"Be careful." I suddenly said without thinking. I acted calm and just looked at the moon, but I am mentally punching my brain for saying something.

She jumped from the sudden voice.
"Oh, I didn't see you there Bakugo." She smiled at me. "Don't worry, I tied a rope around me so I wouldn't be a bother to you again, as the last time."
I just nodded.

I held myself from saying anything stupid. So there was silence between us, not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

"It's way past your bedtime Bakugo. Can't sleep?" She asked breaking the silence.
"What do you think?" I answered her sarcastically. Yeah, this how I talk to people. Not some lousy be careful sht.
She just chuckled at my response.

"Oh, by the way. Can I please have some caramel candy now?" She asked.
"I already told you. I don't have any candies." What is up with this girl and candies.
"Aww, you don't have to hide it from me. The smell is all over your room. The scent is still clear in my nose." She said smiling.
What caramel is she talking about? Why does she keep pushing it to me?
My eyes widened in realization. I laughed lightly.
"Idiot. What you smelled was my sweat."
"What?" She gave a weird look.
"I sweat nitroglycerin. It's what makes me create an explosion. And it smells like burnt sugar. Or caramel." I explained to her.
"Whaaaaat? That is so cooool!!" She said excitedly and lost his balance for a while.

"Be careful!" I blurted out.
"Sorry." She said and went quiet again. Mood swings are really common to girls huh.

I cleared my throat and asked, "How long have you been floating?"
She opened her phone, revealing a stopwatch. I laughed internally.
"About an hour or so. I'll be going back for a few minutes now. My stomach is already turning, and feeling kind of sick." She said smiling. But I saw a hint of sadness in her eyes.