8 | Sleepy head Karolina

I don't know why, but it was a feeling that tingled me to go check on the Orang-Utan and luckily it did.

The Orang-Utan was gone and it's cage was wide open.

Jotaro bent down to have a look at the lock which was surprisingly still locked even though the cage was open.

"I don't think Kakyoin was wrong about nobody being around here except for us. I'm pretty certain the Orang-Utan is not ordinary."
I remarked while both Jotaro and I stood in front of the open cage.

Next to the cage was a closed door and out of curiosity, I decided to walk up to it and take a peek inside. A bad mistake for my sleepy eyes.

Was I imagining things because of my fatigue?

What I peeked into was a smaller communication room and all of the sailors that came with us were inside. Usually, one would have expected they were sitting on chairs, leaning against a wall or trying to get a radio signal, but that was not the case.

There was blood everywhere, lifeless bodies either laying on the floor, on top of the control panels or pierced against the wall.

I instantly closed the door, leaning my back against it with my shivering body, my hand covering my mouth.

Jotaro noticed my unusual behaviour as he was directly looking at me.

"I think I'm feeling unwell, Jotaro."
I remarked with a calm voice, trying to suppress a trembling voice.
"Karolina..?"
"I don't want you to see it.. just know, the sailors that came with us.. are no longer among us."

Jotaro's eyes widened for a moment before they focused back on the cage.

"Even thought we told her to, the little girl was not with them.. luckily. Let's go get her."
I suggested, keeping my eyes ahead while walking past Jotaro to leave the room already.

In silence, both of us went to the lower deck where cabins for passengers were. As we walked down the hallway, we heard water running inside the shower room.

Jotaro and I stood in front of the door and nodded at each other before I quietly opened it.

There it was, the Orang-Utan was looking into a shower cabin where water was running down. Inside that same cabin was the girl we searched.

"Hey!"
Jotaro yelled before he broke a shower curtain rod without a curtain on it, knocking the Orang-Utan out with it so it wouldn't proceed going further into the cabin.

"JoJo! Caroline!"
The little girl chimed, standing in the corner of the cabin while being wrapped around in the missing shower curtain.

The Orang-Utan tried to sneak away from us, but we obviously noticed it.

"Take your lock, you stinking ape!"
Jotaro threw the locked lock at the Orang-Utan, hitting the back of its head.

The Orang-Utan managed to grab Jotaro's jacket from below, leading Jotaro to click his tongue in annoyance.

"So this Orang-Utan is indeed not normal. Could it be that he is the one..?"
I remarked but stopped as the Orang-Utan tried to kick Jotaro.
"Ora!"
Jotaro summoned Star Platinum, punching the Orang-Utan away from himself.

I heard something behind us crack or break, so I turned my head back slightly. A fan rotor was moving into my direction, precisely aiming at my head.

I forgot to move!

Jotaro noticed the fan and pushed me to the side, getting hit on his shoulder instead. The Orang-Utan giggled up while Jotaro didn't mind the pain.

"It had to be him. So this ape is a Stand user, but where is the Stand?"
"I didn't see anything and still do not. Is it too small or just invisible..? I definitely feel something, though."