Chapter 9 - Loyalties

READ DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS BEFORE CONTINUING!

Ninjago City - Faith's POV

It's been a long time since I've been to Ninjago City, not since the Oni took my home realm. And sure enough, we were greeted by a welcoming party, of snake-people and face-painted thugs wearing leather vests. "Come on, not these guys again," I heard Cole say. "This is why I TOLD YOU to be COMBAT-READY, Cole," Kai yelled. I figured that went for the rest of us as well, so I drew my katana and started to fight.

"Who are these people?" I asked, "and why are we fighting them?" "They are the Serpentine and the Sons of Garmadon," Nya informed me, "and they are henchpeople to Lord Garmadon and Prin-, er, I mean, EMPRESS Harumi." "Empress who?" I asked. Lord Garmadon, I'd heard of; he was the first-born son of the First Spinjitzu Master, but this "Empress Harumi" person, I'd never heard of her. "Empress Harumi," Cole said mid-fight, "white hair, dark powers, about Lloyd's age; she resurrected Lord Garmadon who banished us to your realm in the first place, but then she died, and-" "And now she has returned as well?" I guessed. "Precisely," Skylor answered.

That was when we heard big footsteps. "WHO DARES INVADE MY CITY?" said a booming voice from above. I looked up to see that the voice belonged to Lord Garmadon, who was controlling what looked to be an Oni Titan. "It's Garmadon, run!" Kai shouted as we all took off in separate directions. I turned around and ran back the way we came, to regroup with my team. It was time to take this Titan down.

Destiny's Bounty - Harumi's POV

Lloyd and I watched the rampage from the Bounty, just beyond the city limits. Lloyd looked like he'd never seen the Oni Titan go this nuts before. I could tell he was thinking. "Harumi," Lloyd asked me, "you can still control that thing, right?" "If I can attack you with it," I grinned, "I can sure as hell attack him." I cracked my knuckles, blowing a bubble in the piece of gum I was chewing. It was game time. I concentrated all my focus on the Titan until I could almost feel its movement. Then, I started to fight Lord Garmadon for control of it, it seemed.

Ninjago City - Nya's POV

The Oni Titan raged across the city, hunting us down. I was able to regroup with Kai, Cole and Skylor at another crossroads in the city, but unlucky for us, the Titan's foot was about to regroup with the ground below us. I hugged Kai, Cole and Skylor, bracing for impact, knowing that this was the end. If we were gonna die, then we'd at least die together.

But then, the foot started to-- lift up again? It started spinning around frantically, punching the air, as if two darkness users were wrestling for control of the Titan. One of them was Lord Garmadon for sure, but I was surprised to see that Skylor WASN'T the one fighting him. The four of us scaled the rooftop to find a lone figure on the dragon head at the front of the Bounty-- HARUMI?!

"How the--" Kai said, but I blocked his mouth without looking back at him. "Is that really her?" Cole asked. "Yeah, it is," Skylor said, equally awestruck. I turned my head ever so slightly to see Lloyd, Jay and Zane behind her, cheering her on. "Let's goooooo!" I heard Jay cheer. "Get him, Rumi!" I also heard Lloyd holler. The battle was immense. We watched while running, parkouring over buildings, and the occasional swing of the Titan's fists, until we finally made it back to the Bounty. 

Skylor shot a green flash in the air, which gave the Dragon Hunters the signal. One by one, they fired their chains at the Titan, grappling it to the ground. Then, Harumi stopped controlling the Titan. "It can't move," she reported, which caused us all to cheer and celebrate. 

While the party was going on, Harumi and I leaned over the balcony, glad we were friends again. "Good job out there," I congratulated her. "Thanks," she responded, "but it isn't over yet. Taking down the Titan was one thing. Undoing the damage I've done to this city is another." "We'll do whatever we can to help, as long as you don't go betraying us again," I joked, "say, why did you join us anyway?" "I saw a bright future with Lloyd where we won together, and I realized, 'hey, I'm missing out!' So, I decided to let Lloyd and Master Wu free, and with the help of Jay and Zane, we got to safety." "No, seriously," I asked, "what about that caused you to change."

"It's Lloyd," she answered, "I... I still love him."