The Howlin Twins

I sat the pans in the drying racks for the morning staff as I prepared to lock up and leave the store when I heard the bells ring signaling someone had came in.

"We're closed!" I yelled from the back. I stood still for a moment waiting to hear the bell ring signifying they had left, yet nothing.

Cautiously I picked up a pan and walked slowly to the front, whoever it was had the wrong minimum wage girl.

Suddenly when I got to the front I saw a boy in a hoodie face down at the table.

"Well well well, if it isn't Lyan Howlin." I said to him as he sat face down in his arms still. "Lyan?" I asked again a little concerned this time.

By him not answering now I definitely knew something was up, probably something with his dad again.

"Hey?" I gently ran his soft shiny black hair through my fingers attempting to soften his mood a little. "What happened?" I asked him knowing it was most likely something with his dad.

He laid there ignoring me again. I sat down on the edge of the table.

"Hey cmon it can't be that bad, nothing I've never seen bef-"

Finally he sat up showing me his badly beat up face. He had a black eye with dried up blood coming from his mouth, most likely from his busted bottom lip.

"Oh my goodness Lyan, why did he-"

"Because I defended my mom." He said monotone.

Lyan was so breathtaking to look at that even when he was hurt badly he looked like a perfectly chiseled statue you'd see in Greece or something. The perfect oval shape of his face complimented every feature, from his almond shaped eyes that were dark brown to his pretty little yet plump lips.

(Lyan Howlin)

(Lyan Howlin)

In a way I guess you could say he was perfect, well at least his looks were. Lyan Howlin on the inside however was a completely different story. He was all kinds of broken on the inside, no not broken but shattered.

Though the pieces of him were shattered all over they glistened still, he was still a lovable person but he just was never shown it as much as he was supposed to so now that he's older he can't comprehend it and express it in a normal way, and because of the way he was brought up he still holds a lot of pent up stress, anger and sadness, he's also extremely violent when he gets mad due to this.

For some reason he thinks when you love somebody being possessive and mentally abusive is a way of expressing it, I'm not sure why he does that but he does, and I know because he would do it unconsciously to me.

"Come here." I told him as I leaned into him embracing him into a hug. I gently pushed his head into my shoulder and leaned my head on top of his while I held him.

At first he tensed up but after a couple of seconds I felt his body melt into mine and he wrapped his arms around me.

We sat there for a couple of minutes in complete silence, but it was the type of soothing and calming silence that didn't have the need to be filled.