A Cup of Coffee

"HOW MANY TIMES HAS IT BEEN IN ONE WEEK HUH? HOW MANY?!", Taeyong suppressed the urge to roll his eyes.

Though his head was lowas he bowed in apology to his manager who awfully resembled a kettle right now; fuming, red and so very high-pitched, he could have gotten away with it.

He'd been yelling at Taeyong for 10 minutes straight for being late, which was really counter-productive in his opinion. Taeyong had an emergency afternoon lecture he needed to attend to because obviously he was still a college student and he needed to attend his classes but aparently his boss was having NONE of it.

The manager was erupting with anger and looked like he was about to pop something if he kept going at it.

"It better not happen again!", he screeched even higher, which Taeyong thought couldn't have been humanly possible. "The next time I catch you getting late again, YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

And with that, the manager slammed the office door on Taeyong's face. 

"Well, that was great." Taeyong finally rolled his eyes.

This wasn't the first time the manager had vented his anger at Taeyong for doing even the slightest of errors. He was used to his boss' short tempered outbursts and to be honest, Taeyong was sick of it.

This job had all the components of being the worst work environment in the world: an infuriatingly irritating and obnoxious boss, self-entitled customers and the lack of any training to give him the skills to make a single decent cup of coffee. Like, hello? This was a coffee shop for crying out loud!

But alas, the pay was good and Taeyong was a broke design major who had a student loan to pay, so he didn't really have much a choice.

"Are you okay, oppa?"

Yooa, the newly hired employee, peeked at Taeyong with her wide sparkling eyes. Yooa's addition was a fresh breather from the toxicity of back office coffee shop life. Even the manager was in a good mood whenever Yooa was around. Taeyong supposed it was her cute, innocent demeanor that made everyone swoon. Even he would find someone as attractive as Yooa cute. If only he wasn't 100%, without-a-question gay. 

"Yes, Yooa. I'm fine." Taeyong reassured the younger with a soft smile. "Also, stop calling me oppa. I'm not that much older than you, you know."

Yooa gave him her infamous eye smiles as she giggled. "Nope! I like calling you oppa!"

Pure adorableness, Taeyong thought. Yooa's presence definitely helped making this job a little less hell-y than it actually is. 

He reached for her hair, finding it absolutely endearing how she squealed in protest at Taeyong's ruffling. "Alright come on, we have very unpleasant customers to sell coffee to."

Taeyong worked at the University Cafe. It was your regular campus coffee shop that sometimes served as a care center for overly stressed college students cramming their deadlines. It didn't have the best interior like a fancy Starbucks outlet. Just the cheap version of a stereotypical coffee shop with the inspirational quotes, fake flora and wood accents which Taeyong was pretty sure wasn't actually wood. 

And you would think serving at a campus cafe would be less stressful to deal with since your mostly serving college students around your age group right? Aha, WRONG!!! 

Taeyong hated every. single. moment of it. Starting from their overly detailed orders in their sad attempt to make them look sossy to having them ask you to give them the 317th napkin for the entire order, I mean, HOW MANY NAPKINS DO YOU NEED?!