one

"you are the only one who can truly bring a change within yourself

"you are the only one who can truly bring a change within yourself."

•=====≠======•

Walking down the streets, very fast, with your head down, avoiding eye contact with passerbys, you almost slip on a banana peel.

But thank god, God is on your side!

Oh no, not a metaphorical one. Or something that you should be relieved about.

An actual actual God.

Oh my bad, I meant god* not God.

You nervously bite your lower lip beneath your mask as you scurry through the almost empty street, clutching on your (f/c) Adidas backpack and adjusting it on your shoulders. The wind blew pretty strongly as your hair swept (and sometimes whipped your face) in your tight ponytail.

Adrenaline was coursing through your veins in little amounts, slowly preparing your body for fight or flight.

What did you do wrong?

Where did you go wrong?

Well, for starters- it happened a few hours ago.

-

"Aw mom! I don't wAnt tO gO oUtsiDe-" You whined as you clutched the bedsheets as if it were your lifeline.

"Oh my goodness! You are unbelievable!" (M/n) huffed as she did her best pulling your legs. "You haven't felt the sun for OVER 8 MONTHS! Get some D outside!"

"But mom!" You whined, "IT IS COVID-19'S SECOND WAVE!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE?!" You wiggled your legs out of her strong grip, wincing when you felt her nails scratch your skin.

"Well yes but-" (M/n) started to tug on your pants.

"Did you just-"

"-in our area there has been no COVID cases so far, so it's safe. Besides you'll be wearing masks and take a shower right after you come home. So go. Outside. Now." She pulled your pants down.

"oH MY BUTT-"

"Hey! big siste- AAAHH! WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?!" Your little brother, who just burst through the door, screeched as he covered his eyes looking a little green and stumbling back.

"Hey!" You pushed your mom away and pulled your pants back up, "my butt ain't that bad, you brat!" You jumped out of your bed and marched over. "My ass is literally the mos-"

Before you could finish, a pair of warm hands clutched your shoulders. You felt your mom on her tip toes as she leaned in your ear, "great! Now that you're up, go get changed and go out to enjoy the sunshine!"

"wHat-" you stuttered as you were pushed frantically by your mother towards the bathroom. "Hey!"

"hahahskskskks", your brother giggled as he mocked you by mimicking your expression.

'I swear to god, that brat-'

Your mother was smaller than you and looked very fragile, but in fact she had strength that could outmatch a gorilla.

She pushed you forward while you struggled to go back to your precious baby bed. But with one final push, you stumbled into the bathroom.

"Ma-omph!" A bundle of clothes were thrown at you. Quickly taking the clothes off your face, you looked at your own blood mother with disbelief, who in turn was smiling the smile your father fell for on their first date.

And the door closed.

Letting out a deep sigh you trudged forward, settling the clothes on the handle.

You looked at the mirror, seeing your own reflection staring back. Disheveled (h/c) hair, a (s/c) face with little bumps here and there, light/deep dark eye bags- everything you were not before.

Those small (e/c) eyes that used to shine with life isn't there anymore. What remains is some dull (e/c) eyes that lack life. Cracked lips. A slight blurry vision.

Your life was normal. Very ordinary and very normal. You were that friend who was friends with everyone but only in name, not the meaningful friends friend. But still people liked telling you their problems, and you genuinely enjoyed helping them. It was those moments that made you feel needed.

And before your knew it, you were the one to whom almost everyone goes for advice.

That was 3 years ago.

You finished your university levels 3 years ago.

Now, aged 27, just when you were about to start a new career- a new life- the global pandemic begin.

Quarantine begin, and you were stuck home. You used to be people-person, but within two days you adjusted to living without having to interact with people.

Fast forward to eight months, your sleeping schedule now a mess, your body out of shape, bones begging to sleep forever and your eyes shriveling up from the monstrous amount of time spent in front of the screen.

You are a mess.

You bored holes into the mirror with your eyes. Slowly breathing in and out, you took a few steps back. Observing yourself in the mirror which now reflected most of your body.

Double chins, round shoulders filled with fat, thick arms- not the muscled ones, but the fat ones. Belly hanging down, almost covering your crotch, your breasts a little bit bigger- hips more rounded, fat thighs- not thick thighs. The clothes that you wore, to wear outside, were the clothes that used to fit you perfectly. But now they were suffocating. they were a little bit too tight.

Your breath hitched in realization.

This is the first time you wore something that were for outside. All these months, you wore comfortable home clothes that were too big on you, and you thought you were just fine.

You frowned. A lot in confusion. You twisted your back to see your back also puffed up with fat.

Back fat.

One of the things that annoyed you the most.

Fed up of yourself, you sighed as you grabbed your mask and out it on.

"At least the mask makes me look less ugly," you muttered lowly.

Finally done analyzing yourself, you stepped out the bathroom finding your room empty. You sighed before heading out of your room and out of the house.

You stood outside the main door as you took in the world, the seemingly new world, the world you had not felt for eight months.

---_------

a/n: many of you must be confused in the story summary where i used 'fat' instead of chubby. my definition of chubby is someone with a little bit of fat. and my definition of fat is those who are overweight with every appendages filled with fat.

note to disclaimers, I don't few fat with any negativity.