•02•

Meenakshi took blessings from all her elders. Rishi was standing still with his never ending smile.

"Ith Rishi ( This is Rishi )"she said turning towards him.

"Hi"he said but no one responded.

"How was your journey?"Meenakshis mother asked and she just nodded. They walked inside the large house and Rishi was busy exploring around.

"Meenu you must be tired. Go and take rest"her uncle said and she looked at Rishi. Who was completely ignored. She felt bad for him

"Come Rishi"she grabbed his wrist and took him upstairs. Towards an empty room.

"What are you doing Meena? Leave my hand. I have to talk to them na?"he protested.

She got inside the room , followed by him and locked the room from inside

"I'm sorry. Because of me they're ignoring you. But trust me they're not that bad"she said playing with her stole

"Did I say something? I know they're good. I can understand. Just give me some time. I'll make it work okay?"he winked.

"Hm.. wait. I'll carry your luggages from downstairs. This is your room. Are you comfortable?"she asked.

"Chala bagundi ( it's great )"he smiled and walked to the window. Opening it wide. He eyed the vast paddy fields. The cool breeze sprung Inside.

Meenakshi carried his luggages inside his room. He went to freshen up. She sighed and walked inside her room. Suddenly from nowhere all her cousins gathered inside

"Meenu does he know Malayalam?"one of them asked

"He's so handsome"another one commented.

"You both look so good together"

"Story entha? ( what's the story ?)"

"Chetanu Nalla pokam und ( Brother is so tall )"her little sister commented

"Please don't eat my head. I want to take some rest for god's sake. Elam njan pinne paranju tharam. Epo po ( I will say everything later. Now leave )"she shooed everyone away and sighed.

Fishing out her dresses one by one she stuffed them in the wardrobe and walked away to freshen up.

"Yes dude. I'm great here"he spoke over the phone.

"Just come back soon. I wonder why you agreed to help that girl whom you barely know"his friend spoke over the phone.

"All are my people. life should be always exciting dude. Btw her family is so huge. I'll have a great time here. You don't worry about me. I'll call you later"he hanged the call and stretched his arms. From the half open door he saw her little cousins peeping inside his room. He giggled inwardly and pretended to walk inside the washroom.

"Vaa ( come )"one of them said and tried to sneak Inside.

"Boom"he jumped in between and everyone screamed. He chuckled.

"Miru andaru ela vunnaru? ( How are you all ?)"he asked leaning towards them with his hands on his knees.

"Oops. I mean. How are you all?"he asked. They glared at him and walked outside making him smile. He walked inside the washroom to freshen up as well.

Meenakshi came outside the room. She was scared to face all her aunties. And stopping herself from Going downstairs and decided to go and meet her grandmother first. She's the one who always supported her in every decision she took

"Hi Ammama ( grand mother )"she smiled walking inside her room.