him.

The ruffling of leaves was much louder than the Sun in that hidden forest. An academy, surrounded by tall pine trees and thick bushes stood proud atop of a hill. But not all that could see found that place. Shielded by the strongest spells known to men, what a prestigious school that was.

A prestigious piece of shit.

Was what Wen Junhui thought every day from the moment he opened his eyes to the last minute of his consciousness.

Coming from a family of strong mages, witches and sorcerers, he'd grown up not only to high expectations but to the bitter reality behind the glamour of fame. The Wen's dominated the board, no carrier of their name would have ever an issue entering the greatest magic school in the continent.

He'd tried his best, really did.

But the classes were boring and his classmates were nothing but subpar. His only chance was the Solstice Festival.

Every year, in summer, the academy held a competition between its student body. Broadcasted everywhere, a chance for any aspiring spellcaster to catch the eye of an influential someone and be set for life.

He didn't need the financial support, nor the influence, really, but his family placed great importance on the Festival. For the past ninety-nine years, every single year, a Wen took the highest title home and his father was not about to let Junhui ruin that streak.

This year, he remained the only Wen to attend the classes and consequently, the Festival. His brothers graduated the year before and his other siblings wouldn't be old enough for at least another year. The burden fell on his shoulders and what a heavy bitch.

The rumours were clear: This year, a freshman like him showed abilities like no other. He had control of all the elements and was close to mastering more than one type of magic.

Xu Minghao was the bastard's name and God, did Junhui hate him.

He was a cocky, smug son of a bitch and worst of all, he was right to be such a stuck-up prick.

What scared Junhui the most wasn't just the rumours, but he'd met him. Standing in the same room as him was more than enough to feel the insane amount of power he exuded, it was suffocating almost.

Power alone wasn't the only reason why Jun couldn't stand him.

The rivalry between the Xu Clan and the Wen family was much greater than any of its parts, something about an artifact and a great battle and boom, enemies for the rest of time.

Classic enemies activities included: competitiveness, a sprinkled insult here and there and the occasional sabotage. However, if there was something Minghao did not enjoy, it was playing by the rules.

It was definitely not underneath the Xu to play childish pranks on Junhui and they only got worse.

The silliness at first was a... cute surprise. Maybe bugs came out of his books, his chair moved just before he sat down, his food danced around his plate, his umbrellas never seemed to work, child's play.

But being transported to a fucking freezing mountain at 4AM was definitely NOT on the list of acceptable pranks to play on someone the day before his final Potions 101 exam.

So, this uneventful friday, the last thing he'd expect when leaving his classes was a slap to his face. Well, not quite his face, I mean, it was his face but not him, per say.

Clone magic was not exactly ethically right in most cases. Especially when the clone was made by someone else.

"What the fuck?!"