Chapter six Tired

Dipper POV

"Pinetree is that you?" he asks me in his still soothing voice that I remember so vividly. I've missed that voice so much. I node "Hey B-Bill" I stutter his name nervously smiling the most I ever had since the incident with my parents.

"And shooting star!" he says waving to Mabel but keeping his eye on me which I don't complain about one bit. "Hey" she shouts standing up and pulling me up onto my feet "we were just having lunch would you like to join us?" she asks him. "sure sounds like fun" he says coming closer Mabel hands him a sandwich as we sit back down on the bench.

"I didn't know you guys were back in town. You guys visiting again?" he ask taking a bit of his sandwich. "Actually were here for good now" I say smiling taking a very small bite on my sandwich so Mabel doesn't embarrasses me in front of him. "Do you think I can get your number and maybe we can go out sometimes?" he ask confidently smiling.

"Sure" I say blushing even more then I'd ever like to admit. I can't believe this it happening right now. He hands me his phone and I put my number into it and hand it back. "Well I should get going its nice seeing you again!" he says getting up "thanks for the sandwich and I'll text you later" he winks at me and walks away.

my face must be on fire at this point and Mabel will never let me live this down. "It was actually him!" I say smiling and giggling. "Yea and he likes you!" she says excitingly "and he wants to go out on a date with you" she says shaking me making me drop my sandwich.

"Don't worry I have more sandwiches" she says putting one it my hand "So how was work?" she asks me. "Work wasn't bad the only person who came in was Andrew Wendy's boyfriend" I tell her "the rest of the time I just took care of the flower and set things up". "How was getting to work I was really worried about you going but yourself I usually walk with you everywhere" she says eating more of her sandwich.

"Um about that can you walk with me again" I ask her not wanting to tell her why though. She smiles and nodes "I'm guessing you miss my jokes I make when we walk?" she says giggling. "Actually I miss the stickers you give me for crossing the road" I say messing around with her. "It was one time Dipper I thought it would have been funny! How was I supposed to know that the little kids crossing the street with us would want some!?" she says laughing.

"There little kids why wouldn't they want some" I say giving her a playful punch in the arm. "The took all my scented and glitter stickers" she says and takes another bite of her sandwich and I take another bit of mine. My phone goes off and I check it it's a text from bill I giggle at his text .

Bills texts

Dippers texts

Hey Pinetree 💜 Hope we hang out soon!

sure I hope we can hang out soon to!

"He's texting me May-May!" I says excitedly kicking my feet back in forth. "let me Dippy" she says holding out her hand for my phone I give it to her.

Mabel POV

I look at his texts smiling even through they didn't texts that much but I'm still happy that he was able to find him and be so happy. I give him his phone back "finish your food and I'll walk you back to work and even still with you still you finish work" I tell him now wanting to make him come of his littlespace. He hasn't been in his little space in a day or to I miss it.

He starts eating his sandwich smiling. It was always easier to get him to eat when he was in littlespace he argues with me way less about food. He finishes it and I try to give him another one but he pushes it away I put it in the bag not wanting to push my luck with him.

"lets get you to work Dippy" I say putting the rest of the sandwiches in my bag. He nodes getting up I hold his hand and take him back to work. On the way I see Gideon and I wave to him hides behind me as Gideon waves back.

"what's wrong Dippy?" I ask concerned as Gideon walks over to us Dipper doesn't reply he just stays behind me. "Hey Mabel hey~ Dipper" he says coming closer to him and hugging him dipper doesn't return the hug. Dipper must be really deep in little space he seems really shy.

"were you guys heading to?" he asks pulling Dipper in close to him. "I'm walking Dipper back to work" I tell him smiling trying to be nice to him. "mind if I walk you guys?" he asks us smiling while he puts his arm around dippers shoulder.

"Sure why not" I say nicely not wanting to start problems. We walk to dippers work I keep an eye on Gideon and Dipper to make sure dipper doesn't do anything to let Gideon know he's a little. When we get there I go to open the door but it's locked I turn back to Dipper "Do you have the keys Dip n dots?" I ask him.

He looks at me and nodes pulling out the keys from his hoodie and giving them to me I turn back to the door. I unlock the door and open it I turn back to Dipper and he looks like he's about to cry but he isn't saying anything. He probably needs a nap soon.

Dipper POV

After I give May-May the key the mean man with from before touches me again but May-May doesn't say anything about it. I try not to cry because I don't wanna make May-May upset she doesn't like it when I cry. She open the door and turn back to us she grabs my hand and takes me inside "Bye Gideon" she says rubbing my back.

"I think someone need a nap" she says ruffling my hair and pulls me into a hug. She pulls me to the desk and then puts my work apron on me "Lets finish your job and then we can go home and take a big nap ok?" she ask me. "Ok May-May " I say rubbing my eyes she ties the back on my apron then she help me finish taking care of the flower and plants.