KID, A Guest?! (Part 3)

When KID woke up, he was staring at the ceiling. His head hurt and his vision swarmed. What happened?

KID blinked.

"I had the weirdest dream. I was handcuffed to a noisy girl and forced to have dinner with her. Heh. What a weird dream..." KID mumbled to himself. KID turned his head to his left and... Sonoko. Sonoko was still staring at him with her overly intense gaze.

KID blinked again.

"Oh, it wasn't a dream." KID mustered out that sentence before he turned his head back curtly, staring down at the table.

And a pair of ball-shaped eyes stared back at him. It was a fish. They're having fish for dinner. The fish stared at KID with its dead unnerving eyes, its mouth opened wide.

Sonoko stared at KID. KID stared at the fish. The fish stared back. This was one tough staring contest.

"Eeeeekkkkk—"

And...... KID lost, unfortunately. KID shrieked, bumped back into his seat and tumbled backwards. The chair hit a waiter that was passing by and made him drop the plate he was holding. KID tumbled down on the floor, dragging Sonoko down with him, and felt something land on his lap.

It was the plate of food the waiter was holding. Fish. The same-looking fish that was just served on KID's plate.

KID shrieked again. He struggled to his feet and stumbled backwards......into the dining table behind him. KID bumped into the table, tilting it so that the table slammed right down at him, crushing him and Sonoko beneath it.

"Sonoko!" Cried Ran.

Surprised gasps were heard from the other two hundred guests seated inside the dining hall.

KID pushed away the table laying above him, and made the mistake of looking down. Fish. There were fish on his lap. KID felt like he was going to faint. KID used both his hands to cover his eyes, shaking. Somehow his little ordeal broke the chain of the handcuffs.

"Huh, I should have ordered better quality handcuffs." Sonoko frowned at the remaining handcuff on her wrist.

"KID! Where are you going?!" Shinichi called after the thief who suddenly broke into a run.

KID ran around the dining hall blindly, bumping into multiple people in his way. Fish. Too many fish. He burst through a door and tumbled into a crowd of reporters.

XXX

In the main hall.

KID tumbled into a crowd of reporters. Upon seeing KID, the reporters scrambled to get up and soon had KID cornered.

"KID-san! How did the dinner go?"

"KID-san! How did you escape?"

"KID-san! Can I have your autograph?"

"KID-san! Can I—"

"Kid-san! D—"

KID was soon swarmed with multiple questions. KID raised his hands to block out the camera flashes.

SWOOSH. BANG.

An object flew through the hall and slammed into the concrete wall near them, making the reporters gasp and back away in surprise.

Kudo Shinichi stood at the doorway of the dining hall, leg retracting after kicking his inflated football. Shinichi glared at the reporters with a stare so scary that they all backed away. Shinichi walked towards KID and pulled him up from the ground.

"Are you okay, KID?" Shinichi wiped a tear from KID's face.

"M-Meitantei—" Hugging Shinichi, KID sobbed.

"I'm never attending as a guest ever again! That Sonoko girl is crazy! Do you know how long she was staring at me?! Two hours! Two freaking hours!" KID finally lost it. He kept shaking Shinichi and yelling 'Two hours!'.

Shinichi deadpanned. "Looks like you're okay after all." He pried KID off of himself.

"Noooo— Don't leave me, Shinichi—!" KID clung onto him for dear life. "Sonoko could come back for me anytime now!"

"Let go." Shinichi's eyebrow twitched. "Or else I'll bring a fish to your next heist." Upon hearing the word 'fish', KID flinched and immediately let go of him.

Shinichi sighed. "Come on, I'll walk you home." KID was in no condition to go home by himself.

"Can I hold your hand, Shinichi?" KID pleaded, showing Shinichi his puppy eyes.

"Fine." Shinichi reluctantly gave him his hand. KID's eyes lit up immediately. KID skipped through the hall, dragging Shinichi behind him.

"I feel bad for the poor kid," Jirokichi told Nakamori. "I had to invite him because my niece was bugging me." Jirokichi sighed.

Sonoko was standing in the main hall and glaring at Shinichi and KID's silhouette.

"You're dead, Shinichi. How dare you steal my KID-sama—!"

XXX

The next day.

The different headlines of various newspapers:

1. KID AND KUDO SHINICHI, A COUPLE?!

2. SONOKO SUZUKI AND KID HANCUFFED?!

3. KID, A PHOBIA OF FISH?!

4. KID CRYING AFTER MEAL WITH THE SUZUKI'S?!

"Bakaito! Did you see the headlines today?!" Aoko pounced on Kaito when he entered the classroom.

"Yeah yeah..." Kaito walked pass her and slumped down in his seat.

"Do you know that KID had the same lousy ringtone as you?! He was also scared of fish!" Aoko snickered. Kaito flinched at the mention of 'fish'.

"Hey, you okay?" Suddenly Aoko was right in front of Kaito's face. "Your eyes are puffy. Did you cry because you couldn't attend the grand opening and meet your idol?"

"W-What— Of course not!" Kaito scolded and heard a laugh.

"I see you had fun yesterday, Kuroba-kun." Hakuba mocked, with a hint of laughter in his eyes. Kaito's face heated up at his comment.

"Whatever." Kaito ignored them and mumbled. He took out his phone and looked at his messages.

'Sleep tight, barou thief.' —Meitantei. (7 hrs ago)

Kaito smiled and typed.

'Do you want to hang out together, my lovely Shinichi?'—KID. (1 min ago)

Shinichi looked at his phone and rolled his eyes.

'Sure. Let's go to the aquarium.'

'Noooooo! Don't do this to me, Meitantei!'

'Only if you behave.'

Shinichi smirked and continue reading his newspaper.

"KID and Kudo Shinichi a couple?" He read the headlines out loud.

"Don't you mean Shinichi and KID? That fits much better." Shinichi took a sip of his steaming coffee. "KID's in my mercy after all, neh, KID?"

He turned his focus back onto his phone.

'I always behave, Shin-chan!❤٩(♡ε♡ )۶''

"The aquarium it is then." Shinichi couldn't wait to see the look of horror on Kaito's face.

OMAKE

Hakuba fans: Why didn't Hakuba attend the grand opening too?!

Me: He wasn't invited.

Hakuba: A shame I couldn't be there to witness Kuroba's suffering. Such a shame......