Some we win, Some we lose

A negative mind will never give you a positive life. That was the person in front of me with an absolutely negative one, Mr. Mehul Kapadia - my dad. I let go off Mishti, pushing her behind me for safety, so that I could protect her from this evil man. She was the person responsible for bringing me the dad I so badly wanted to meet, the dad who had deserted me when I was 5, also the dad who had taught me innumerable good things, until he was with me. She understood my eagerness to meet him and get to know him and hence moved heaven and earth to bring him to me. I'll never forget the day she brought him to my - "our" doorstep now. The look of pure joy at having me brought the best gift of my life sparkled like tiny diamonds in her eyes. She is the only one that has always kept the balance in my life. I wondered how I got along and survived before her, but then again, I used to leave home in a jiffy when things got out of control before she graced my life. After her advent into my life I realized that home was not a place but a person and to me Mishti was home.

Mishti often says that my light-colored deep eyes are a reflection of my soul. I could see my joy in her eyes that day, when she brought Mr. Mehul Kapadia home. She understood what my overjoyed heart felt and even if it were only for a month, we both experienced sheer bliss with baba until he delivered the traumatic painful blow that was even worse than my mom's several cruel conniving blows before that. My Mishti also made sure that once she found his true face and unmasked his evil deeds, she ousted him out of my life. She karmically balanced things for me and always is my guardian angel.

"Lies, and secrets are like cancer in the soul. They eat away what's good and leave only destruction behind."

The skeletons and lies in our family that we hide in our closets and often decorate our faces with, are so many that you would fall short of fingers to keep track. But whatever said and done, this is my family. These are my folks and I need to protect them and thinking so, I stepped forward warning Mishti to stay back.

Aap yehaan kya kar rahen hai? Jugnu I yelled baahar gate par security guards kahaan hain, inko kisney yehaan andar aaney diya?

Mein tumhaara Baba hoon Abir

Baba? ...aapney tou mujhe jail bhej ney ka plan banaa liya tha aur Yeh property aur business ki deal ki thi na merey badley

Beta mujhe maaf kardo

Mehul aap abhi yehaan sey chaley jaayiye. The whole family had assembled in our Hall. Mein chahun tou phirse aap ko jail bijwa sakti hoon, Maa roared as she descended the stairs.

Meenu mein tou apney betey aur bahu ko aashirwad deney aaya tha, itna tou haq bann tha haina?

Dekh mishti Kuhu shook Mishti by her hand in a rough manner while everyone watched stunned. Abir came rushing to Mishti but Kuhu continued to berate her.

Terey kiye ki sazaa hum abhi bhi bhugad rahen hai. Tuney Mehul ko yehaan laakar jo...

Yeh ladki... mein tumhaara Sasur hoon. Kuhu stepped back like a frightened mouse behind Kunal.

Kuhu tum kya bol rahi ho. Jo bhi kiya hai inhoney kiya hai aur tum Mishti ko dosh ... Abir started

Lagta hain jo aandhi mujhe laani thi mein ley aaya ab mein chalta hoon. Lagta hai Abir Mishti merey peir nahin padengey, Mehul said with overloaded sarcasm and left

Everyone turned to leave when Abir's voice stopped them. I want to make one thing very clear to all of you. Mishti meri jaan hai, aur ab meri wife. Looking at Kuhu he said uskey saat kisi ney bhi agar buray tarah se baat ki or derogatory comments pass kiya tou mein chup nahin rahunga.