Chapter 16

The door closed and Sun Ang immediately jumped to one side. He sorted out the countless question marks in his heart and looked at Xiao Li with some suspicion. The other side didn’t look like he encountered anything. He didn’t seem frightened and uneasy from meeting ghosts and didn’t have the joy of running away from the dead. He wasn’t even breathing hard. It was as if this person had really gone out for a tour of the scenery. The little fat man couldn’t help asking, “You… how are you alive? In addition, why did you come in from the door?”

Xiao Li directly ignored the other person’s first question and pointed to his small arms and legs. “It is convenient.”

He was afraid of climbing if he went in through the window again.

The little fat man, “…”

Was the focus ‘convenience?’ Of course not, who cared about this person’s convenience. All he cared about was how the boy wandered outside without dying! Sun Ang spoke incoherently. “No, I’m not asking this. You… what did you see outside? The person in the other room rushed out and was killed by a ghost. Why are you okay?”

“I didn’t see anything so I went next door to look.” Xiao Li sat down on the bed and pondered over Sun Ang’s last question. “Maybe it is because I am lucky.”

Lucky? Could someone go to an orphanage full of ghosts, ignore the task’s warning not to go out at night and still be fine?

The little fat man didn’t believe it and wanted to ask again. At this time, the doll who had been sitting on the chair moved a bit and despite the door and window being closed with no wind blowing, it rolled off the chair. It fell to the ground, turned over and rolled to Xiao Li’s feet.

Xiao Li was currently short and his toes were hanging over the edge of the bed. Thus, he had to bend down, pick up the doll and put it on the bed.

The moment that the Tan Li doll left the chair, the chair started swaying, as if the previous force causing the change in the room had been suppressed by Tan Li. Now that Tan Li was gone, the chair once again returned to its original state.

Sun Ang saw this scene and immediately forgot about Xiao Li. He pointed to the doll and shouted, “I knew there was a problem with this. Boy, your doll is haunted by a ghost. Throw it away!”

The little fat man didn’t think of Tan Li as a friendly ghost. In the world of ordinary reincarnation, it was an incredible thing to accept ghosts as a helper. The ghosts they encountered were either unable to communicate or were homicidal. Humans weren’t able to withstand the power of a ghost. Apart from items obtained from the mall and through the lucky drawer, seniors who could control ghosts used special means such as items to force refinement or making ghosts at the time of pure yin.

Xiao Li took off his shoes and lay on the bed with no energy. “You made a mistake. That isn’t it.”

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.
“What isn’t it? I clearly saw it rolling on the ground…” Sun Ang was speaking when he glanced at Xiao Li’s figure on the bed and swallowed the rest of his words. He saw the doll raising its head from the bed and staring at himself with terrible eyes. It was as if he would be killed if he said one word more.

Ktf ilaaif oja wjc kjr rlifca jcv ujhfv ja Wljb Ol qlaloeiis. Lf atbeuta atlr utbra wera yf obiibklcu Vtfgibmx obg j qegqbrf. Ufgtjqr la kjcafv ab olcv j ubbv mtjcmf ab xlii Vtfgibmx. Lf kjr rb ylu-tfjgafv yea atlr xlv vlvc’a ilrafc. Lf vlvc’a xcbk tbk remt j qfgrbc ilnfv eq ab cbk. Vec Ccu weaafgfv jcv mgbrrfv atf byrajmifr ab ijs vbkc bc tlr yfv.