9 3/4

"Birdie!" Harry called to his sister. "We have to get up! We are going shopping with Hagrid, today!"

Birdie rolled over and cuddled up next to her brother. We were laying on the floor because Uncle Vernon thought it would be nice if they didn't have a bed. That's how it's always been.

Harry and Birdie have always been side by side. They don't really know why, but it's just always been like that.

 Birdie nestled in close to Harry. "Harry, I'm scared," she whispered.

"It's gonna be okay, Birdie." He held her tight.

"How do you know that? We just found out a few hours ago that we are wizards and that our parents were murdered in some war ten years ago and that the Dursley's are bitter jealous imbeciles. And tomorrow, we are going to a new school where we don't know anyone. How is everything possibly going to be okay?"

"I don't know. But I just have a feeling, B."

She sighed, sitting up from the floor.

"Hagrid is going to help us," Harry smiled, squeezing her hand.

"I swear, I'd be very lost without you, Har." she hugged him, tight.

Just then, the hut shook and the door burst open. "Who's ready to go shopping?" It was Hagrid.

---

The next morning, Harry and Birdie were off to catch the train. Hagrid picked them up, once more, excited to help them buy their supplies for the upcoming school year. 

"Here are your tickets to get on the platform," Hagrid said.

As Birdie looked at it, she noticed something funny. "There's no 9 ¾, Hagrid!" she said.

But Hagrid was gone.

"I guess we're on our own," Harry smiled. "I'm sure there's a mistake. Let's just head to platform 9 and see what happens."

Birdie nodded.

They went as fast as we could up to the platform.

"Excuse me," Harry said to one of the conductors. "Where is platform 9 ¾?"

The guy laughed at them and walked off.

"I'm sure we will find it," Birdie said, trying to remain positive. "Hagrid wouldn't just abandon us with no way of getting to Hogwarts, right?"

"Right," Harry agreed.

Just then, they noticed a cluster of gingers heading towards the next platform. The twins looked at each other before making a dash towards the middle aged woman watching her kids... assuming, walk through the wall.

"Excuse me," Harry got their attention.

"We are a bit unsure of how to get on the platform," Birdie said.

She nodded. "Watch Fred and George," she told us.

The boys joked with her about which twin they actually were, which made the Potter Twins smile, then they entered the platform.

"It's Ron's first time too," the woman said.

The ginger haired boy shrugged his shoulders. Then, the three of us entered the platform together. It was magical. A giant train, full steam, was ahead of them.

"I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be so bad," they overheard a curly haired girl saying across the way.

The three of them took their seats and waited for it to take off.

Ron told the twins all about his large family and his rat, Harry bought everyone all candy from the trolly and the big haired girl from earlier even crashed their compartment.

When they arrived, Hagrid led them across the water in tiny boats. It was a gorgeous site.

Once inside, they were taken into the Great Hall. 

--

I am finally back after a few years to revise this story. I still feel so proud of it, even though it needs a lot of work. I have definitely grown out of my Draco phase, and agree there was no redeeming him in canon. But, let's have a little imagination.

It will probably be a few months before I reformat the entire story into 3rd person omniscient and make some necessary changes. But, the entire story is more or less completed and I am so excited to share it with everyone again!

- Lolzfanfics