But I Love Her

Grace and Emma met when they were in middle school. By then Grace was figuring out what kind of person she was. She started to realize that she was different from her classmates. She wasn’t normal. While all of the girls talked about boys and only boys, she didn’t feel the same attraction. At least not to men she didn’t. Emma on the other hand hadn’t really thought of anything like that before. Her family is very religious and she was taught that at such a young age it was wrong of her to think the way the other girls did. 

Emma was always a shy girl at first and she never wanted to talk. She was a great student though, there were a few times where she would feel comfortable in class and be a little more outgoing but that was rare. Emma was short, she had red hair and freckles. She had long eyelashes and long hair. Her skin was pale and soft. Grace was a bit taller than Emma, she had brownish blonde hair. She had slightly tanned skin. Grace was almost the complete opposite of Emma. She was very outgoing and loud. She was also a good student though. 

Grace and Emma met in their 8th grade English class. Grace was very attracted to Emma when they met but she didn’t try to pursue her. Emma, whether she liked to admit it or not, was attracted to Grace in the same way. When they went to their freshman year of highschool they only really hung out with each other. By the middle of the year Grace confessed her love to Emma. Of course Emma was very nervous about it but she knew she felt the same way and on October 31st of freshman year they began a secret relationship. And now they are in their first year of college. Still secretly in love with each other and as happy as they could be. Or so they thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Emma lets go shopping before tomorrow.” Grace told Emma.

“Okay let me get ready so we can go now.” Emma replied.

Grace hung up the phone with Emma so she could get ready as well. About 15 minutes later Grace heard a knock at her apartment door.

“Hey babe you’re here!” Grace exclaimed.

“Are you ready to go?” Emma asked.

“Yeah just let me put my shoes on.” 

Grace and Emma drove to their local outdoor mall. Since they live in a small town everybody knows everybody. Because of this, they agreed they shouldn’t do anything romantic in public in order to keep their secret safe. As they were about to sit down in the food court David (a boy from Grace’s class) came up to them.

“Hey Grace who’s this cutie you’re sitting with?” David gestured towards Emma.

“Back off Dave.” a jealous Grace said.

“Calm down Grace it’s just a compliment.” David laughed.

“Well I don’t think Emma’s boyfriend would appreciate you complimenting Emma like that.” 

“Oh so she’s taken then, hmm too bad.” David shrugged and walked off.

“Grace what was that about?” Emma asked.

“Nothing Em.”

“Grace I know something’s up. If you wanna talk about it back at your apartment then that’s fine.”

Grace and Emma finished eating and got up to walk around again. When they walked into a store they saw David there. David smirked at Grace and walked up to them once more.

“If you ever get bored of your boyfriend call me.” David slipped a note which contained his phone number into Emma’s coat pocket. 

Before Emma got a chance to say something Davd walked off to his friends.