Chapter 2: Illusionary World

As I take Another step on the heavy snow my body feels colder and weaker, My vision is getting blurry too. I tried to walk using my last drop of energy, I'm already catching up my breath as I keep on walking. The whole place is burried on snow, No one is walking or playing, There's nobody It's just me and this freezing wind.

Kaneki's POV

" T-Thank You." The girl with black hair whispers weakly.
I don't know why I saved her maybe because there still human in me, Partly.

I stared at her pale skin and angelic face sleeping peacefully. She's so fragile, It looks like can't even open a pickle jar.
I continued walking as I brought her to an abandoned building, I placed her body on the bed and treat her wounds.
Her breathing seems to stabilize now than before, I brushed her hair so I can see a better view of her face.

Should I bring her home? I guess not, My presence will attract people that will make her and her family in complete danger.
I left her for a while to check around the place when I heard a scream.

" N-No.. ! I'll be a good girl now! I-I promise! " I heard scream as she struggled in the bed, Her eyes are still closed and sweat are dropping all over her face.

I wonder what life this girl has..

I approached her and hug her.

" Shshshdhshs, You're dreaming." I shook her body and whispered to her ears.

She slowly opened her eyes and pushed me in shock. Her eyes widen as she saw who's in front of her.
She stared at me and calmed down.

" Y-You're K-Kaneki right?" She stuttered as she touched my cheeks.

I looked away, Trying not to meet her gaze. I didn't give her an answer instead I get up and walk away but she reached my hand and weakly smiled.

" Thank you." She said

I stared at her golden orbs coldly.

" You should go home." I commanded

" I don't have a home." She force to release a smile but tears began to fall from her eyes.

I dashed to her, In shock of what she just said, Likely we are the same.

"......"

" Is it okay if I stay here?" She asked

" I'm a Ghoul and You're a Human , I can eat you whenever I'm hungry." I said

" Well it's better than stay at home where I feel like everyday my body is rotting like an empty shell." She replied

She tighten her grip on her blanket as she hugged her knees.

" Everyday of my life is like Hell, There's a time where I locked up myself and just watch anime. That's the only way to escape this shitty reality you know." She burried her face on top of her knees.

" Look at this." She opened her bag and pulled out a book, It is written in Ancient Chinese.

" What's that?" I asked as my eyebrows furrowed.

" It's a book, I really love this story, It's a story about true love."
She hugged the book as she keeps on talking.

" Do you want me to tell you the story?." She asked

" I don't mind." I smiled.

She opened the book and let out a smile while reading it.
I allowed her to stay with me, I really had a nice time spending my time with her. Despite of her what she experienced she still maintains her joyful image.