Ch.03(Part 1)-The Shameless Dancer

Lan Wangji's POV...

Lan Xi Chen and I were about to leave the Lan Sect when we heard our uncle called out to us.

"Wait"

"Uncle Qiren," I said as we bowed in respect.

"Take Jingyi and Sizhui along with you, so that
they may learn our Gusu ways. Also, I believe that you may need extra help with your mission."

"Thank you Uncle Qiren, for troubling yourself with us." Lan Xi Chen bowed while Jingyi and Sizhui joined us.

As we were traveling towards Caiyi town, we decided to ask around for clues regarding the Yiling Patriarch. While I was walking, a middle-aged man and a young girl approached me.

"Second Lan Childe. Pardon me for interfering with your business, but I would like to thank you for saving me and my daughter the other night." He said bowing.

"It was nothing"

"Second Lan Childe, Can you do me the honors of marrying my daughter? I would rest assured if you take care of her because you're kind."

"I'm sorry, but I must decline." I rejected

"I understand, but may I offer you and your companions a meal in order to show our appreciation?"

"Mn."

All of us including the middle-aged man and his daughter entered a nearby tavern. While we situated ourselves at a nearby table, a dancer danced in front of me holding out her hand as if asking me to join her.

I reluctantly took her by the hand because I was urged to do so by my brother. As I followed the dancer to the center of the tavern, she danced around me until she accidentally kissed me on my lips through the red veil.

What a shameless dancer!

I looked in the corner of my eyes to see my brother shocked. Jingyi dropped his food, and Sizhui helped him pick it up to put it in his mouth.

 Jingyi dropped his food, and Sizhui helped him pick it up to put it in his mouth

"I am so sorry

"I am so sorry." She apologized before she excused herself.

As I approached our table, we heard someone shouting outside the tavern. Jingyi, Sizhui, Xi Chen, and I nodded as a signal to check the commotion coming from Caiyi town.

All of us ran out to find Yiling Patriarch carrying a young boy running from roof to roof towards the burial mounds.