02

"Jeongin?"

Hyunjin called out during one of the many times the boy was spacing out. His eyes have been staring at the same spot on the white ceiling for what might have accidentally turned into an hour.

"Huh?" He snapped out of it, making Hyunjin sigh.

"I'm heading to the practice room, are you going?" He raised his eyebrows and just now the maknae noticed how nice they looked. Like dark, thick, perfectly shaped and a shit ton of nice things he couldn't name.

He shook his head. "Uh-uh, I'll come later for the team practice."

That was half-true. Deep down he knew he wouldn't even step in when the older is there, not during their individual practices. He could use other rooms anytime as well. Jeongin felt slightly bad for ignoring Hyunjin but luckily it seemed like the dancer hasn't really noticed. Everyone was busy with their own stuff anyway and the youngest too didn't need any form of distraction.

That being eighty percent Hyunjin.

Since Jeongin currently shared the room with Hyunjin, it was almost impossible to escape the boy—and his scent. Everything suddenly smelled of Hyunjin. If his scent had a colour, Jeongin was sure it would be bright pink that was clouding around every millimetre of the area the boy went through, leaving marks all over the place like graffiti. It was like the whole world was suddenly painted with Hwang Hyunjin's scent and Jeongin started thinking that he has gained animal superpowers with his olfactory sensors turned to the maximum.

However, he scratched that theory out after he tried to communicate with dogs and nothing happened. Even Minho's cats weren't trying to eat him alive.

It was simple—he was just becoming crazy.

Most of the time the innocent dancer and the object of his nose's attention at the same time wasn't even present as Hyunjin liked to kill the time by practising hard—something that Jeongin respected him for. Since they were preparing a comeback, the time spent there doubled. And that also meant he was even more sweaty which equalled the stronger smell following him like a tail and God was Jeongin going absolutely insane.

After the one time when he tried to find out whether perhaps Hyunjin's cleaning products were behind the whole mystery, he was sure it wasn't healthy anymore. And that it became serious. Jeongin spent five minutes in their bathroom opening and smelling bottles that had the boy's name written on it until Changbin barged in and gave him a weird look. Luckily, he let him be after a stupid excuse that involved Jeongin looking for the best smelling shampoo because his ran out.

He never felt so pathetic like now.

Therefore the maknae put his little investigation aside. He practised hard, giving his blood, sweat and tears into it to keep himself from being distracted—and, of course, to do well. He danced till his limbs gave out, he sang till his voice sounded like that squeaky glass door on the third floor that led to practice rooms. He did anything just to get rid of those ridiculous ideas.

Hyunjin's voice cut off his trail of thoughts once again. "We can go through the choreography together sometime—if you want. I don't have any problems helping you out with it."

A sigh left Jeongin's mouth. His chest hurt because of the way he behaved around the boy. They were supposed to be teammates, best friends, brothers. Yet he was acting like a teenage girl.

"Sure." He decided to give him a small nervous smile and Hyunjin smiled in joy.

"Okay, see you later, baby~"

Jeongin rolled his eyes but still sent him a cute wave before the boy closed the door. He then turned his head to the empty bed across the room and strayed back to his thoughts in the dead silence.