Chapter 2

I was eight when I met Theta and Monica.

        Theta is a fighter, always will be. She would tell Monica and I, that when she came into the world, she was already kicking like a hero. Theta likes to brag about that. Her long braid of black hair she uses to counterbalance her up forward, one-at-a-time sword attacks. When her sword slashes, her braid makes sure that anyone else stupid enough to fight her stays far out of reach. If you think about it, why would anyone be scared of a flying piece of hair, right? Wrong. Theta has chain in her braid, and that is guaranteed to leave a mark, and not on her. She will not do anything without her Eagle Blade, her constant companion and trusty tool. Instead of having a normal hand guard that sticks out perpendicular to the blade, the Eagle Blade has a slanted hand guard that lets the attacker's momentum carry them around through their swing giving Theta roughly 2-3 seconds of time for them to lastly see her blue-green eyes and her determined expression. 

        Theta's the fire that keeps us three going. 

        Monica is the pacifist. She would definitely like to spend her time sitting and reading, instead of adventuring with Theta and I. She would love to just find a quiet library and soak it all into herself. She's extremely shy, though it has been getting better as she grows exponentially more diplomatic - and Theta and I are so proud of her.  She can control armies at the sound of her voice. I’m glad that Monica can get to Theta when anger causes brash choices. Though kind and pretty - with her black curls and blue-grey eyes - Monica isn't someone to take lightly. She holds fire in her hand, persuasion in her eyes, and the world in her mind. You mess with her, you're in for it. She can blast someone with magic better than anyone else I know. You insult her book choices, suddenly, you have no books. You tease her about being shy, and then you smell singed and your hair has gained a life of it's own. Despite potentially really destructive, she loves to create medicine when someone gets sick or poisoned - most commonly the latter when concerning Theta. Monica could never hurt Theta or I. She never would. 

        Monica's the sugar that repels the bitterness. 

        And then, there's me. I don't look like much; Long black hair, blue eyes, but I am more than appearances. I can fight with Theta's sword, though not with her deadly grace. I can cast with Monica's magic, though not with her knowledge and wisdom. I am pursuing mastery of the art of the bow and arrow, with limited success as I am being thrown from one dungeon to the next. I am getting better, slowly but surely. Though I seem like the weak link, I am the leader. While Theta begs me to let us fight, Monica suggests a peaceful trip to the library. I would choose a simple abandoned house with rumored monsters and abandoned tomes to placate them both. While Theta wants to go check out the newest armor, Monica would rather take a peek at the recent advancements in what she calls "Pharmaceutical Practices and Studies". I would walk into the inn and wait for them to hash out when we go where. When we first met, both Theta and Monica - both so different back then - recognized me as the one who would make the hard calls. They recognized me as the level head in the raging storm. They recognized me as the one who will stand up for them, even in their darkest nightmares. And I have tried hard to overcome their expectations. Though I am a person of my own, I am the bridge. I am the grey between black and white. I am the sand between sea and shore. I am the mind between body and soul. 

        I am the bridge that connects us together.

...

        We are one.

        Theta, Meta, Monica.

        Black hair. 

        Blue eyes. 

        Tanned skin. 

        Tangled souls. 

        Cursed to be together until the day they die.

...

        And they WILL die.