Part 1: The Apple

"Tessa! Tessa come quick! Today's the day! It might work!" Jessica shouted the moment I stepped foot in our lab.

"Shhhh. It's way too early for this." I attempted to calm her excitement. Jessica was rocking on the balls of her feet. You chuckled under your breath at your best friend's eagerness. You made your way around the lab tables and over to the notebook situated on the side of the room. You flipped to today's page and attempted to read the scrawled writing as Jessica peered over your shoulder.

"Jessica I can't read with you breathing in my ear." You muttered.

"Sorry, sorry." She scurried over to the other side of the room and pretend to do work while waiting for your reaction.

You rolled your eyes, ignoring her. Your exhaustion disappears as you scan the page.

"No way.." You gasped. Jessica's smile brightened the room as she skipped over.

"Yep. Today's the day." Somehow, her smile widened.

"Do you think it will work? You questioned.

Jessica shrugged, but the look on her face suggested she knew more than she was letting on.

You were part of a group of scientists studying the theory of teleportation. You've been attempting to move small items a few feet. So far, nothing has working. But the page you just read informed you that one of your other partners, Phillip, had found a way to make it work. You weren't sure how yet, but it seemed promising.

*A few hours later*

A group of six scientists and three supervisors stood around a table with two large metal containers and an apple on it. The containers where connected to each other by four wires. Supposedly, those wires were meant to move the apple from one container to the next. There was no proof that it would work, but there's no harm in trying, right?

Philip placed the apple in the left container them moved to a switch placed in between the two containers. Philip glanced up, silently asking for permission. After a nod from one of the supervisors, he flipped the switch. The containers buzzed and shook. Nine pairs of eyes frantically moved in between the two containers, hoping, praying. With a final pop, the door to the right container slowly slid open. Upon glancing inside, many gasps could be heard. The apple had indeed moved, but something was wrong with it.

There was a bite taken out of it.

____________________________________

So what do you guys think? I know is not very good but I promise you they will get better. If you guys have any story ideas or constructive criticism please let me know! Drop a vote or comment if you can. Have a nice day!

-T