◌ chapter one ◌

playlist

1. Gimme Love — Joji

2. Self Care — Mac Miller

3. Safaera — Bad Bunny

4. Candy Shop — 50 Cent

5. Doses and Mimosas — Cherub

》disclaimers | underage drinking, kissing《

I was sitting in my apartment when it all began. The lights were off and the lights from the city were shining into the living room as I sat on the couch, editing my new video for my channel. I was adding in some titles when I heard my phone vibrate.

"Seriously," I whispered in frustration as I put my laptop to the side and began looking my phone. I finally saw it in the corner of the coffee table and picked it up. It was my friend Gabby.

A smile grew on my face as I answered, "Hey girl what's up?"

"Leah! I'm at the front door downstairs. Can you buzz me in?" My eyebrows rose in confusion but I walked over to the button near my front door and clicked on the button to unlock the door to the building.

"No offense Gab, but you didn't tell me you were coming. I was editing a video," I laughed as I began to clean up a few things around the space.

Gabby began to cut off and then hung up the phone. She was probably in the elevator so I waited patiently for her. A few minutes passed by when I heard frantic knocking at my door. I glanced through the peep hole cautiously and rolled my eyes playfully once I saw Gabby waving at me very excited.

I opened the door and Gabby threw her arms around me. She then pulled away and said, "Get ready and put on your hottest outfit. We're going out tonight."

"What?! Gabby it's already 9 and I don't even have makeup on...How the fu-" I got cut off from my rant when Gabby pushed past me and started walking to my room.

I huffed softly and shut the door and followed her. "Besides I'm editing a video! You know some of us gotta pay the bills somehow." I joked as I watched her from the entrance of my room. She was looking at stuff in my closet and pulled out a few pieces onto the bed.

Gabby then turned around and I quickly took in her outfit. She looked so beautiful from head to toe. She was wearing a black mini skirt with a white lace bralette. "Leah you work hard everyday. You deserve a break. Come on...it's just a one time thing! I heard cute boys will be there," she winked and giggled.

"Plus...you kinda owe me." She smirked slightly and turned around to go back to my kitchen.

"Fuck you're right" I whispered as I ran a hand over my face and took off my glasses.

I had just moved to Los Angeles from Chicago a few weeks ago. When I first arrived to LAX, I was completely lost. I had no idea where the good clubs were at, who to hang out with, where to eat. Thankfully, I ran into Gabby at the McDonald's at the airport that day. She approached me and we instantly hit it off. She then became my Los Angeles tour guide to being my new best friend. I mainly moved here because of my new life as a YouTuber. A lot brands I wanted to work with were based in California, and I found it just easier to live here. I needed a new start.

I know what you may be thinking. A YouTuber? Living in LA? Can you be anymore basic? But truthfully, becoming a full time YouTuber was the only thing that I could come up with after college didn't work out for one year. I had no other plans. The only thing I knew about was make up and how to entertain people. YouTube was my only option at that point.