cuatro.

——— 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭."

jaylene was absolutely done. she took time out of her day to talk to mars yet he acts like a clown. right now she was just strolling around brooklyn, trying to get her rage out. she heard some catcalls hear and there but she was too focused on mars and his bullshit attitude. jaylene just wanted to drop to the floor and start crying. waiting for someone to see and help her. but you never catch a johnson in distress. her mother would tell her to get up and move.

a johnson has poise, passion, and melanin that can make anyone drop. a johnson was always the person who made their way to the top and stayed there. but jaylene wasn't feeling like a johnson. so she walked, and walked, and walked to wherever the wind took her.

"jay!" she heard being called out to her. "jaylene, wait up!", yet she kept walking. she wouldn't let anyone see her in this state. she was known for having sass. for having a diverse personality, or what most people know it as, the "angry black woman" stereotype. she fought when she had to and used her voice proudly. sticking up for herself and other people was her main priority.

right when she was about to turn into an ally, she saw her friend shemekka sitting in a car with the window down. "let's talk." she said, patting down on the front seat next to her. jaylene had sat down and they had started to drive. "talk to me." shemekka said.

"no." "please?" "no." "please?" "i said no!" jaylene had yelled at the top of her lungs. "everyday i have to put up this tough exterior. i have to be the "angry black girl" and mars is just making it worse. he's on my mind 24/7 and it's messing up my aura. it's making me soft. i can't be talking to anyone like this." jaylene had then asked shemekka to pull over and ran out the car. she ran until she couldn't anymore. she stopped at a corner, sitting through the rain until the morning came.
—————————————————
10-21-20

sorry this chapter took so long-
i could've done better but i guess i can edit it later. byeeeee🤠