07.| For Those About to Rock...

CHAPTER SEVEN

For Those About to Rock...

.

October 26th, 1981

----

Melanie walked through the halls of Fairfax High with her head tilted down, her honey eyes looking to the off-colored floor tiles beneath her feet.

She wanted to avoid Slash and Steven at all costs.

She hated being weak, being dramatic.

She just wanted to be normal.

"Look who we have here, huh?" A male voice spoke, one she was not too familiar with although she had heard it before.

She didn't dare look up, the fear would be shown in her eyes.

"Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you!" the boy lashed out, shoving Melanie to the metal lockers behind her.

She bit the inside of her cheeks as she continued to look away from the boy, his letterman jacket more noticeable as he leaned closer to Melanie.

"Weak little bitch, too scared to even look me in the eye." he sneered into her ear, his free hand reaching up and slamming her head into the locker.

"Danny, stop." Danny's friend spoke, yanking on Danny's arm.

"Shut the fuck up, Peterson. We've gotta make something clear. Nobody wants you here, nobody likes you. Don't you dare show your face around here again, you hear me?" he got into her face.

Melanie nodded softly, her breathing getting shaky as she stood there.

"Good, good. If you don't listen, you'll wish you were dead." he spit at her before knocking her books from her hands before walking off.

Melanie gulped, she didn't want to cry anymore, she hated crying.

She knelt down and began to gather her things when someone else knelt down across from her, gathering loose papers and handing them to her.

"Those are really good." he gestured to the sketch books that had flown open as they fell to the floor.

"Thank you." she spoke softly, not daring to look up.

"Don't worry about it. My name's Lenny." the boy spoke, Melanie looking up and being greeted my a familiar face.

"I'm Melanie."

"The new girl, right?" he asked, pointing to her.

"Sadly." she frowned before the pair both stood up.

"People are assholes, Melanie. You'll get that everywhere." Lenny began.

"I'll keep an eye out for you, I usually linger the halls anyway." he shrugged.

Melanie smiled softly.

"Thank you, that's kind of you."