Chapter 1 - Close To The Sun

Cinna pov

I looked up at my ceiling. Wondering, how if I'd make the right choices this time. I glanced over at my window, and I was greeted by the brick wall of my neighbor's house. I stood up and looked out the window, noticing a ladder in the corner of my eye. 'I can't stay inside all day.' I thought to myself. I turned to my bedroom door, I glanced into the hallway, checking if anyone was there. After closing and locking the door, I turned back to my window and opened it, removing the film of the window. A gush of fresh air took me by surprise.

Grabbing my grey sneakers, I slipped them on and sat on the window ledge. "Maybe I shouldn't go... In case they worry about me." I mumbled to myself, questioning my decision to leave the house. I quickly brushed off the thought, knowing that my family wouldn't be checking on me any time soon.

Reaching for the ladder, I stepped off of the window ledge. Once I got a good grip on the ladder, I started to climb up getting closer to the sunset. As soon as I got to the top, I tossed myself onto the roof, stumbling slightly and getting my hoodie dirty. I dusted myself off as I stared straight into the sunset. Watching as the sun slowly descended behind the houses in front of me.

"I can't go back.." I said to myself, images of the past few months going through my mind. "I won't mess up again. No more bullshitting my way through life. No more falling in love... or whatever 'love' means..." A tear fell down my cheek and I let out a soft sigh. I wasn't wrong. I was going to start being a better person, my own person. But falling in love was going to happen whether I wanted to or not.                                                         I inhaled deeply, shivering from the cool march breeze. I stood on the rooftop for another 20 minutes until the sun was gone. Who knew what tomorrow was holding for me. I certainly didn't.