' ' The Price of Her Plan ' ' Chapter 6

" So, you wanna get the truth out to Snivvy, eh? " James raised an eyebrow

" His name is Severus, but, yes. Malfoy needs to learn that even he isn't allowed to manipulate people like that, " Lily muttered, but with confidence in her voice. 

Well, what's her plan? You may be wondering, well, it's quite simple.

Step one: Catch Lucius and Bellatrix talking to each other.

Step two: Lead Severus over to them and wait for them to slip up.

Step three: Help Severus.

" Help Severus? Really? " Sirius scoffed, looking at the parchment in James' hand. 

" Well, yeah.. We're gonna get him to see the harsh truth. Anyone would need the comfort after that, don't you think? " Lily said, taking the parchment and starting towards the door. She stopped in the dorm frame and turned to face the two boys. " Remember that this is your guys' fault, too. We do it tomorrow. "

Before either of the could respond, Lily was out of sight. They looked at each other and shrugged.

~~~~The next day~~~~

" Ready? " Lily turned to the boys as she spotted Bellatrix and Lucius talking to each other in one of the courtyards. " Well, even if you aren't, we're doing this. Find Severus and lead 'im over here. "

So they did. James and Sirius lead Severus close enough to Lucius and Bellatrix to be able to hear their conversation.

" Lucius, are you sure that you're actually going to use him? Like, you're way to nice to him, " Bellatrix half snarled-half asked like a normal human being.

Lucius rolled his eyes, and responded in a bored, annoyed tone, " Yes, you idiot. I've told you this about 50 bloody times. Fake sympathy is the best way to gain trust. "

Severus, who was behind a tree about three feet away ( because James kinda chased him there-), didn't want to believe what he had just heard. He bit his lip as he felt both anger and sadness boil up inside of him. He decided on doing something, a bit too quickly. He stepped out from behind the tree and looked straight at Lucius, who had turned at the sound of footsteps. 

As soon as he saw Severus, intense panic set in quicker than you could say ' Slytherin. '  Though you would never be able to notice due to his calm exterior. He had no time to be indecisive; Drop his act, and make Bellatrix furious or keep up his act and hurt Severus past no point of return. 

Neither sounded pleasant to him, but Bellatrix could do a lot worse than Severus could, so...

" So, you figured it out, huh? Good for you, " He unwillingly spat with any amount venom he could muster. Bellatrix was now behind him, so she was unable to see his expression. Nobody, except Severus seemed to noticed the slight hesitation in his voice, as well as the slightest eye twitch that had to signify he didn't want to do this. Lucius noticed it himself and quickly returned to his apathetic exterior. 

" You...Why..? " Severus was already on the verge of tears, with quickly paced breathes and all. Of course, Lucius was on the inside as well. 

' Right, so I leave and have a chance to talk to him again, but make Bella suspicious, or keep shooting remarks, never have a chance again, but have Bella completely off my back. God! This is stressful! ' Lucius mind raced with different possible outcomes.  He quickly decided on walking off, for Bellatrix knew he liked other people doing his bidding rather than getting his own hands dirty. 

Lucius looked at Severus in his teary-eyes, concealing his own feelings. He pulled a sly smirk, then turned and left with Bellatrix following behind. 

**3rd person but focused Severus instead of Lucius**

He watched as Lucius strode away. Even after everything, he couldn't help but admire Lucius' glistening, white-blond hair. After Lucius was out of sight, he snapped back into reality and remembered what had happened. Biting his lip with whichever canine tooth was sharper, Severus felt the tears rolling down his cheeks. He stood for a moment, motionless.

Until, that is, he felt a soft hand being placed on his shoulder. Flinching at the touch, he turned his head to see who it was. 

You can probably guess but, it was indeed Lily Evans.