the mirror.

" life went on, but never the same again. "
d.j

____

____

mary anne wasn't waking up, which overwhelmed everyone with concern. there was so much going on, and spencer felt as if he was spiraling.

he frustratedly ran his hands through his hair, he couldn't handle it. mary anne wasn't breathing, a good friend of him passed, and it was all because hotch didn't want to move in so soon.

the two men were outside of the hospital, 'discussing'. more like arguing... but y'all didn't hear that from me. (what's the teaaaa?!?? the girls are fighting nooo 😩)

"spencer i'm so sorry, i never thought that joseph would even try to do such a thing. we could've-" hotch began, but quickly got cut off my spencer.

"could've what? gone in sooner? hell yeah we could've. and i wish i had gotten there sooner, because if i had, this wouldn't be an issue!" he gestured toward the hospital, his eyes watery. "none of this would be."

normally, hotch would never let spencer talk to him that way. but he understood. i mean, hayley did get.. you know.. by george foyet (hottie tho😁😍☺️✨).

he understood how frustrating it is, and seeing mary anne all busted up while hanging onto theo's body, was something he had experienced.

aaron sighed, "i..i'm sorry reid."

"sorry for what? my fiancé is in there, struggling to hang on. and in the midst of this, if she wakes up, she's going to have to attend her best friend's funeral.."

"..her best friend of, basically all her life. and he was a good friend of mine." he scoffed, trying to hold back his tears. but failed, "i cant lose her hotch."
(👁💧👄💧👁)

spencers voice cracked as he broke down, sobbing into aaron's shoulder, he hugged him, feeling horrible.

"i'm sorry i just.." he sniffled, trying to grasp his words. "i just can't-"

hotch interrupted him, saying a simple, "i know."

spencer wiped his tears, "i'm going to go and see if they have an update on her.."

and with that, he left. no, spencer wasn't one to talk back like that, and it was very unlike him. but he couldn't help it. and hotch really did understand.

spencer walked by the team, penelope had came barring so many things it was quite overwhelming.

everyone noticed how concerned her was, they felt horrible as well. not only because of how everything went down, or how spencer was feeling..but because mary anne was a sweetheart. she didn't deserve this.