Chapter 8 - Roses

"She's still asleep", Chiri pops up from their cloud.

"Okay, thanks for telling me Chiri", Io patted her little companion's head. Io then grab a small paper and write something down.

'I'm heading out to do some mission, there's a starfruit cake on the table i lay out for you. Make sure to use an ointment on your injuries before you head out. Remember, don't do anything heavy task, alright? Be back home before dark! Have fun with your new friend~

I'll see you soon uwu

- Io'

"That should do it", she stuck the small note on the table near the food. Io grab her gear and walked outside the house with Chiri.

"Well then, time to do some dailies", she stretches out her muscles before heading out on a mission.

"Alrighty, Goodluck! Call me if you need any assistance", The little companion then puff out, leaving a trail of clouds.

"Right, time to get rid of some heartless near the plaza", Io takes out a piece of paper, which seems to be the daily quest log she needs to do.

The girl walks around the plaza, as she arrives at the area, she is met with unfriendly companies, few fat bandits and a gargoyle. Without hesitation, she draws out her diamond dust keyblade and takes on her defensive stance.

"Hup! Blizzaga!",She jumps and cast a Blizzard to freeze the enemy, giving her the extra attack.

"You're done for!", The girl then struck down the enemy in one turn. Some villagers and shopkeepers then come out from hiding. Thanking the keyblade wielder for getting rid of the monsters. Io smiles and takes out her quest log to see what other things she needs to do.

"Okay now that's done, what's next"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"What a nice day to chill, and it seems that today is a good day to work on some charms. What do you say?", The guy adjusted his hat as he entered the plaza area.

"You know no one would fall for your charm, Brain", sighs the pink haired guy beside him.

"Oh Lauriam, lighten up!", Brain surrounds his arm around his friend's shoulder.

"This is the reason why you're still single, let me teach you how to date a girl in an easy way", he winks at his friend. He then notices a girl with champagne white hair locks, with a sided ponytail. It seems she's a wielder taking care of the heartless in the area.

"...And I see a target over there- now Lauriam, Watch and learn", Brain then walks towards the girl that is surrounded by the villagers.

"...and I bid you good luck", Lauriam sigh and face palm, not wanting to see how this one goes. When he glances at Brain, he notices the girl seems familiar.

"..huh she looks familiar, could she be the one she's talking about?", Lauriam couldn't stop looking at the pony tail girl.

"Well hello there, I seem to have been captured by your beauty, what exactly a fair maiden doing out here?", Brain winks at Io as he holds her hand. She takes her hand away from Brain and rolled her eyes at him

"One more pick up line on me, then I will not hesitate to flip you", She smiles as she lifts Brain's chin with her keyblade.

"Oh come on now, I'm sure you don't mean it that way", He slowly pushes the edge of the diamond dust away from him.

"How about we get to know each other more? Maybe on a date together? You and me?", he smiles.

"Hard pass", Io rolled her eyes. Brain then put his hand into her shoulder, still trying to persuade her with his charm.