8

*youngjae's pov*

youngjae! it's lunchtime!" my mom yelled out and grabbed her coat. "let's eat over to mrs.im's cafe!"

that's when i frozed.

i'm going to see jaebum. again. ever since the desk incident i'm going to be near him. up close. but, hopefully it gives me the chance to tell him how i feel.

i grabbed my hoodie and grabbed yugyeom's hand as we all walked out of the flower shop. my mom put up and sign that says "lunchtime! be back soon in 1 hour!". we began walking down to pan petite as my heart started racing and beating. i thought of the possible things that could happen. maybe, he doesn't want to talk to me? or see me? or hear me? o-or love me-

"hyung, your hurting my hand" i snapped into reality.

"sorry, yugyeomie" i let go as he patted my shoulder. "don't worry, youngjae! the gang is all here to support and protect you! just like in the old school days!" i smiled. i love my friend group.

"mrs.choi!" mrs.im greeted us. "yugyeomie! youngjae! here to have a nice break?"

we both nodded our heads as my mom and mrs.im both started chatting away. yugyeom and i found ourselves to the boys.

"yugyeom! youngjae!" mark patted our heads. "we missed you."

i rolled my eyes. "we literally work right in front of each other" i giggled and looked around. "where's jaebum?"

jinyoung cleared the table. "who's jaebum?"

"you know. tall, broad shoulders, handsome, elegant, reallyyyy hot." i said. that's when i felt a hand on my shoulder.

"thanks for the compliments" jaebum smiled at me as i never had blushed so fast before in my life.

•••

15 minutes have passed and we all began talking about life and external crisis. we ate croissants, bread, cupcakes, and i grabbed a glass of warm milk.
mark talked about his parents in l.a. jinyoung talked about becoming an actor in 5 years. yugyeom talked about bambam joining us soon. that's when a question i avoided so much popped up.

"jaejae, how is your desk?" jinyoung smirked at jaebum, who excused himself to go use the bathroom. i watched him leave and got up.
"i'll tell you once i'm finish using the bathroom" i smiled and excused myself.

once i got to the restroom, i noticed jaebum washing his face as he flipped his hair back. i looked away as he noticed me.

"they ask every now and then" jaebum wiped his face with his own cloth and walked over to me. my heart beginning to race again.

"yugyeom t-teases me about it, t-too" i managed to say as jaebum stared at me and began leaning closer. my eyes wide open, my mind and heart having a race as jaebum asks "may i?" as i nodded, preparing for what's gonna happen next.