On The Edge

As I stood there at the edge, staring out at the beautiful blue hue of the moon, the only thing I could think about was how much this world seemed more like a prison than a utopia. The sky and the stars all seemed rather fake, as if they had been taken out of a painting and placed right above our heads.

As I looked down at the dark streets below I remembered something I once overheard my psychiatrist talking about with another doctor in the break room. They say that your life will flash before your eyes at the moment of death. It seemed illogical at the time but the more I pondered it, the more it looked like the only option I had at this point. I kept repeating to my self "if it's the only way I can see his face again then I do not care if it means leaving this god forsaken world behind".

The breeze carried a certain sadness to it but the distant sound of joyful laughter coming from the vibrant city was the trigger that brought tears to my eyes.
It reminded me of the last time we laughed together, on that final spring day.
I wiped my eyes and gazed upwards before slowly raising my right foot and taking a decisive step over the edge. Within an instant I was falling to the ground like a bird falls when it's been shot down.

For a split second my entire body felt weightless, as though I was floating in the night sky. All of a sudden a blinding flash of light shone right in front of my eyes revealing a brightly lit passageway that led to a fully bloomed cherry blossom tree. There at the foot of the tree he stood, with a warm smile that made my eyes flood once again with tears. He reached out his hand to me and at that moment all my tears went away as I quickly reached out my hand and ran towards him. As our fingers met there was a sudden....

END

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•
Creator: TheAnimesoul A.k.a. TheAnimeAssassin
YouTube: The Anime Assassin
Insta: Acacia_Daniel