Chapter 1

Bill Cipher ran through the halls of the Mystery Shack. He looked around nervously. "Pine Tree? Shooting Star? Fez?..... Sixer? Where are you?"

A door opened in front of him. The blonde ran into it, breaking his nose. He cried out in pain. "Pain is not so fun now." he muttered, standing back up. He walked into the room.

Stanley and Stanford stood, backs to him, in the middle of the room. "Bill," they said in unison. They turned. Their eyes were gone and they looked dead. Bill yelped. "You didn't save us." They started slowly walking towards him.

Bill bolted out of the room, eyes full of tears. He ran into the attic, where he hid and cried. "Bill..." a dark voice said. A dark figure turned to him. Mabel! But she seemed to have met the same fate as Stanley and Stanford. "Shooting Star! No!" he whimpered, running out of the attic.

He teleported downstairs. "Pine Tree! Pine Tree? Help! Pine Tree...."

He ran again, but midway down the hall, he collided with Dipper. "Pine Tree!!!"

"Bill..."

"Are you OK? Oh my gosh! You're OK!"

"Wake up."

"What?"

"Bill! Wake up!"

"Pine Tree...?" Bill mumbled, waking up. Dipper was hugging him in bed. Bill's face was wet. Had he been crying in his sleep?

"You were yelling for me in your sleep! Are you OK? What happened? Did you have a nightmare?"

"Y-yeah..." Bill whimpered, snuggling closer into Dipper's chest.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"It's the same one as last night. And the night before."

"Oh Bill! I'm sorry. That must be horrifying."

"Horrifying and shameful. I felt like I failed at my role as protector of this family..."

"Aww, Bill..." He hugged Bill closer. He lied much higher on the bed; Bill was a foot taller than him, but was snuggled closely under his chin. " I love you."

"Love you too, Pine Tree." Bill smiled."What time is it?"

"Uh, 6:00 in the morning."

"Oh, it's early..."

"I'm going back to bed now."

"Nooooo... stay with meeee..."

"Bill, I have to go-- HEY!"

Bill pulled him back down to the bed and hugged him.

"Mine. My Pine Tree. Forever."

"Bill...."

"You can sleep here! It's a big bed!"

"It's a twin."

"And YOU'RE a twin. A twin bed needs a twin in it."

"I don't think I'll ever understand you, Cipher."

"You don't need to."