Twenty-Five

Beauty and the Beast AU Part 1

At the stretches of a far away land, there lived a royal family and they have a child... their only child—a prince. Being one with the royalty should embody majesty, bravery, and unending kindness but after the queen's death, the prince was never the same. As he grows old, nothing but the blackness of his desire filled his heart. The prince turned into someone different—terrible, ungrateful... pure hatred and greed bellowed his soul. He organizes fancy parties only the rich are welcomed at the doors of his castle, leaving the others at the outskirts. To forget the heart wrenching memories of his lost, he drunk himself in riches and power.

The prince was selfish and unkind.

Not until one evening, a grandiose party was being held as the music echoes from the windows of the castle, filled with wealthy men and women in their robes and dresses, dancing. The prince sat in the middle of the room, watching with a satisfied grin.

He joined the others; a playful smirk painted his lips as he shared glances with the young maidens. Then he danced throughout the night.

There was a loud knock on the door which cause everyone, even the music, to stop. The door flung open. Their eyes fell on the certain direction, but despite the interruption of the party, the prince head through the crowd and watched the unexpected guest enter the hall.

It was an old woman, kneeling... begging for someone to give her a place to stay from the stormy night. She gave a red rose as a bargain for she had no money to offer.

The prince declined, picked the rose with a foolish grin on his face, looked at the crowd behind him... and laughed. His laughter echoed the room, he gazed down to the old wrench woman, then held the rose in his hand and threw it in front of her.

Surprise shrouded the woman's face then was turned into disappointment... and anger. Slowly, gush of wind circled around and the unexpected guest, who is believed to be an old woman, floated in thin air as her cloak danced around. And there was a gold beam of light. Terrified screams rung his ears. The prince gazed in pure horror, stumbled back and found himself alone. His body trembled in fear, only to find an enchantress before his very eyes.

A curse befell the land, for the prince was selfish and unkind, the enchantress had made a fearful spell and gave the prince... an enchanted rose.

The one way he could break the spell was to learn to love another and earn her love in return before the last petal fell. The prince lived in the castle for so long, hiding in the shadows and his hideous appearance. The last streak of hope stings at the edge of his heart, waiting. Waiting for someone who could break the spell.

But he grew in great despair, for who could ever learn to love a beast?

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

Her eyes gleamed in worry as their carriage horse leaped in front of the cottage, heaving in grunts. But one thing that caught her attention is not the exhaustion the animal showed, but rather, he came back empty handed. She quickly descended from the stairs as she took hold of the horse's lead line.