The Arrival to the French Court

ALEX'S POV

It has been years since I have been here. Walked through the corridors, brushed my small fingers across the rough surface of these stones. It's been years since I have seen his face. Talked to his brother. Laughed, played, trained. And, to be honest I am quite nervous for the encounter. I am nervous of seeing them once more. But, I am more scared than anything, for I am meeting her. For the first time ever in my 17 years. 

What will she think of me? Will she think I am too pale? Too thin? Too...... Hideous to be her sister.  By god, will she even believe me? If she does not I do have proof. I have saved all the letters between mother and I. Just in case she shall not believe. 

To be fair in the matter of my existence being unknown to her, it isn't  her fault. The fault is with my mother, I was sent to be with the convents until I was six years of age.  Then it was decided that after that point I was to go to the French court. That is after a messenger was sent. They wanted for me to be brought back to the french king and queen. As a sort of, "kindness" gesture if you will. 

All of the sudden out of nowhere, I had to leave about a year ago. It destroyed me to leave him. My best friend, and to leave my home. To leave Bash.... But I believe it was for the best. What should I do? Should I go for love? My family will surely disown me. What if I marry for wealth and nobility? No... I'll disown myself.  I know that he is the kings "bastard". That term, it makes my innards turn. Shudder the thought, to believe that he is the mistake of  the kingdom. I know with all of my heart, that it is not so. And who am I kidding, he's like a brother. I could never wanted him in that way. Yet, why did it hurt so much to see him with someone else?

Now that I am thinking about people, I can't believe that I will be seeing my friends again. Kenna, Geer, Lola, and Aylee. I know that they are my sisters' Ladies, but I can't help to feel close to them. Being friend with them gave me so insight on what my sister was like. 

Ugh... Diary why can't my life be at least a little more simple? Why couldn't I just be born a peasant girl? Things would be less complicated. Also when it comes to men, WHY CAN'T I understand my feelings? Wh----

In the middle of the annoying rant the bugle boy shouted at the top of his lungs, "Shall I introduce ALEXANDRA GABRIELA SEANNA STUART, PRINCESS OF SCOTLAND, FIRST OF HER NAME!" I glared at the red leather journal in my hands. And then looked back thinking to myself 'No, you shall not announce my full name you annoying buffoon.'  I close it with as loud of a snap as a soft leather journal would allow and straighten my dress.  As I  begin to get out of the carriage I look ahead to the future, no, to whom is in front waiting to greet me. 

It is then that I saw everyone. King Henry, Queen Catherine, Diane, Francis, Aylee, Lola, Geer, Kenna, Taylor, Charlotte, a stunning overdressed female with dark hair that mirrored mine, then at the end of the seemingly endless line was him. That dark haired god, 'Wow Alex, sarcastic much?' It was Sebastian.

"ALEX!!!!" All the ladies yelled not in unison sadly, so it was more like something of a screech. They then progressed to plow over me this time in unison. 'Come on girls make up your mind' I think haphazardly while grinning. I hugged them back to the best of my ability, and also of course with as much merry meant as one can muster, but I wanted to meet this pretty woman. The one that keeps looking at me with a horrid look, as if questioning who I am. And why "HER" friends are happy to see me. 

" Kenna, Aylee, Geer, and Lola you all look so stunning! All the brightness of the stars don't compare! And my dearest closest friends Taylor and Charlotte. You two could make an entire army of men sway from their religion with your looks!" I said as I studied all of them carefully while around me. We all started to just chit-chatter away. As moments go by knocking out of her shock the Queen comes towards me.