𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Hinata stuffed her face into her pillow and groaned. It was time to regret her life decisions. Maybe she shouldn't have dressed up as a boy. She never thought about how she was going to explain to her mom about this situation. Taking a deep breath to calm herself down, Hinata dragged herself to a body-length mirror propped against the wall.

Hinata's reflection stared back at her with a curious expression. With her hair all chopped off now, even she would have doubts on whether she was a girl, if not for her down-there. Hinata tilted her head and leaned closer towards the mirror. Being the clumsy dumbass she was, Hinata lost her balance and slammed her face right into the mirror. A loud crash sounded throughout the cluttered house.

"Ow... That hurt...." Hinata mumbled, letting herself fall back on her bottom.

"Shoyo, what did you do this ti-" Hinata's mom appeared at the doorway of her room. "Ehhh?!?! Shoyo! What did you do to your hair?!"

Hinata gasped and dived into her bed, burying her head under a mountain of pillows.

Hinata's mom frowned and shuffled to the bathroom, checking to see if it's what she suspected. Seeing strands of bright orange hair decorating the bathroom tiles, Hinata's mom grinned. "It's alright, Shoyo. I always liked you better with this hairstyle. If you wanted to cut it, you should have said so! I would have brought you to your hairdresser to do it properly!"

Hinata's head could be seen slowly peeking out from the pillows, gaping at her mom disbelievingly. "Really?"

"Yes. Now tell me, why were you ramming your face into the mirror?" Hinata's mom asked as she raised an eyebrow.

Hinata grinned sheepishly. "I lost my balance."

Hinata's mom sighed. "Be careful. I'm going to prepare dinner now."

After Hinata checked that she had left, Hinata heaved a sigh of relief. That was a close one. Asahi (god) knows how her mom would react if she knew that Hinata was going to school as a boy.

— — —

Hinata huffed as she worked her legs along the pedals of her bicycle. She sure wasn't used to cycling up the hill, but she knew she needed this to build up her stamina. With one last push of strength, she finally arrived at the entrance of Karasuno. As Hinata made her way in, she came across a tall ravenette with a dark aura surrounding him. Shuddering, Hinata walked away faster, making a mental note to avoid making any contact with him.

Wow, this school is big! Hinata gaped as she wandered around. Trying not to make eye contact with anyone as to not attract any attention, Hinata stared at the ground as she explored the school. All she saw were shoes of other people, but two shoes in particular caught Hinata's attention. Volleyball shoes.

Hinata's eyes followed from those shoes along to the body and made eye contact with a tall guy. He had a piercing stare through thick rectangle glasses, blond hair, and a pair of headphones hanging around his neck. For the second time today, Hinata shuddered. Gwahhh, this school is full of scary people, Hinata thought as she hastily looked away to see a timid looking guy. He had dark green hair and freckles dusting his nose and cheeks. Hinata gazed curiously at him.

"What do you want?" A curt voice asked her.

Hinata looked up at the blond scary guy as he stared back down at her with an annoyed expression.

"You play volleyball?" Hinata pointed meekly at their shoes.

"Yes. Now if you'll excuse us, we're heading for class." The tall guy shoved his hands in his pockets and strode past her. Hinata watched as the other guy tailed after him and turned back to look at her apologetically. Shrugging, Hinata made her way to class.

Hinata's first day of school was like any other first day. If that makes sense. Having new teachers, new friends, new classes. It was all very exciting to Hinata. But what she looked forward to most were club activities. The moment the school bell rang, Hinata dashed out of the classroom to the gym.

On her way there, she saw the ravenette she met earlier ahead of her. She worked her legs faster, wanting to get further away from him as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, as she whooshed past him, he seemed to take it as a challenge to see who was faster and started running too. Hinata panicked, thinking she had done something wrong and started fleeing to the gym.

Yes! I'm in the gym! With all the senpais here, they can protect me from the evil dude! Hinata stopped running and sighed in relief. She turned back cautiously to see the guy resting his hands on his knees, panting. As if he sensed her staring, he suddenly looked up at her. Hinata squeaked at his intense gaze, running to hide behind a pretty senpai, grasping her by the shoulders in fright, forgetting that she was supposed to be a boy.

Suddenly, she felt two even more intense auras circling behind her. She turned to see a rather short guy and a bald guy glaring at her. Finally losing her cool, Hinata screamed and raced out of the gym.

Who knew the Karasuno volleyball club could be filled with so many scary guys. Hinata thought, her heart beating the fastest it had ever been.

 the first chapter! tbh there's like no progress ugh and i think i went too out of character, didn't i? please tell me if it's getting too boring, or if i made any mistakes. thank you for reading! <3

- oceanxtte -