CHAPTER 5

I walked down a cemented path through the campus, which was lined with pine trees, and passed a large grassy area, in the middle was a fountain with a fairy's sculpture on top. a large building stood behind the fountain, it was made of a dull  stone that looked centuries old. Adjacent the building was another building that looked like dorms.

"Hello you must be shanyra... right? "a monotoned voice came from behind.

I turned my head to see a petite brunette.

 "Yes, it's me" I replied plastering a smile on my face. 

" I am Ileana. Let me show you your room. Please follow me." 

I don't know why but her voice was very cold, emotionless. I followed the dormitory. Some girls and boys were hanging out there talking and giggling.

  "Here " she abruptly stopped in front of a brown door which was the last room of the 3rd floor. I stepped forward and punched the card in the slot. The door opened with a creaking sound. SCARY. 

"I will just put my bag in the room and then you can show me around?" 

"Ummm... I think I should go.....See you tomorrow," she murmered before leaving me alone in front of my room. 

I slowly stepped into the room it was daytime but then also not a single ray of sunlight was in the room. I kept the door open so that I could see where the light switches were.

 I put the palm of my left hand on the cold wall; my fingers splayed out and I ran it up and down. Suddenly the sound of someone walking came.

'When you are alone in the dark then the noises tend to be scarier than usual'

I recalled an old saying and that's what was happening to me. 

'It's the wind... it's the wind' I cooed to console myself. 

"Where are the switches? come on... don't play hide and seek." My hand touched something ... like a rotten vegetable. it was long bone kind of thi- "Aaahhhhhh" I screamed.

 It was someone's hand. My chest tightened and I became conscious of my breathing. I heard a voice very closer to me. I was glued at the spot I stayed there still. I moved my hands frantically in search of the switch."Yesss... I got it." I turned them on. The light illuminated the room. I slowly turned my head.... but there was no one. I let out a sigh of relief. I was just panicking unnecessarily.

But I was sure it was a hand ... but whose?I closed the door and locked it.

There was a king bed sitting on a type of platform with drawers underneath. A desk and a set of drawers sit at the foot of the bed and a walk-through wardrobe that leads to the bathroom.

 A desk and a set of drawers sit at the foot of the bed and a walk-through wardrobe that leads to the bathroom

After arranging all my clothes in the walk in closet I sat on the bed

This room is  hundred times better than my orphan age ones.

There was an almanac and a map kept on the table.
I picked them up and plopped down on the bed.
I opened the almanac

                       || AULAM FAMA||

Rule#1-The forest area is off-limits for students*

Rule#2 -No artificial lights or any kind of illumination are allowed after 10 o'clock.*

Rule#3-No student can leave their dorm room after 10 o'clock.*

Rule#4-No student is allowed to enter the teacher's premises.

*Rule#5- Church and well is off-limits for students* 

Rule#6-No electronic gadgets allowed*

*Red blood members students allowed only

What kind of rules is that? No light.....do they want us to live in the dark ..And what red blood student? Well, and the lighthouse is off-limits?

This school is so weird......
A knock interrupted me.

"Yes?" I said opening the door."Hello, I am Nia. Nice to meet you, shanayra. "

"Hi,nia" I opened the door wider "Come inside"

"So whose daughter are you?" she asked curiously

Terror washed over me.

"Well... I-I am an orphan"

"Ohh I am sorry.It's just that the students who join Aulam Fama comes from very rich powerful families...so you must be the charity ones" she explained

"I have no idea what you are talking about.What do you mean by charity ones"

She looked at me for another 5 seconds.

"Do you have a twin sister or had one" she questioned.

"No... why?"

"You look like someone,someone I know" she lamented.

"You mean I have a doppelgänger?" 

She nodded. The smile that was earlier there was replaced by an upset face.

"It was her room" she said in a low voice

"Was? What happened to her?" I said arranging the pot on the table.

"She died" 

The pot fell  down on the floor. Pebbles and sand rained out of it and scattered on the floor

"What? I am so sorr-"

 I turned around to see -she was already gone.

This is Maya's room.

                                             PLEASE VOTE

                                             PLEASE VOTE