Chapter 7

My eyes grow wide and I spin around to see the one and only James Buchanan Barnes.

"JAMES!" I exclaim, embracing him in a tight hug.

He lets out a low chuckle as he gently strokes his fingers across my head. Slowly he looks me in the eyes, smiles, leans in and locks lips with me. A second knock at the door causes us to break apart. I open it to reveal Howard.

"Hey Howard."

"Hi y/n, Sergeant Barnes," he says nodding his head.
"I-wait. This is your boyfriend?!"

"Yes," I smile as Bucky wraps an arm around my waist.

"She's told me a lot about you."

"Oh really," Bucky smirks, looking over at me.

"Shut up," I say, lightly shoving his chest.

"Well, I just came her to give you lunch," he smiles, holding out a toasted sandwich wrapped in baking paper.

"Thanks Howard."

"Anytime."

I shut the door and immediately unwrap the toastie and take a bite. I notice Bucky looking at it longingly and hand half to him.

"Take it. You must be starving."

"Thanks."

After I finish my half of the toastie, I toss the rubbish in the bin and turn to Bucky whom had long finished his.

"Ok, up on the table," I say pointing to the wooden table in the middle of the room.

"Ok," he smirks.

I walk over to my coat hook and put my lab coat on. I then put on a pair of rubber gloves and turn around.

"Shirt off."

"I like where this is going," he smirks.

"I need to take a blood sample," I state, placing my hands on my hips.

"I don't like where this is going," he says, slumping over.

I playfully roll my eyes and grab a tiny pin, sterilise it then walk over to Bucky.

"This'll hurt a little bit."

"It's ok."

I carefully place the tip of the pin into his forearm. A tiny little red dot appears and I put the tip of a drip into his arm and blood starts to flow out. Once I've collected enough blood, I place it in a test tube on a small machine and spin it around. I then grab a small circular glass container and pour the blood into it.

I place it under the microscope and after a few minutes of examination and note taking, I sigh.

"I let you go into war for six months and you've already gotten into mischief," I say, turning to face Bucky.

"What? What is it?"

"You seem to be injected with multiple types of chemicals. None of which are harmful or will affect you in any way, thank god."

"Aww are you worried about me?"

"Well I do love you aaaaaand you areee my boyfriend, soooo."

I grab a thermometer and wave it in front of him.

"Mouth open."

I stick the thermometer in his mouth and wait for the beep. When it indicates it is done, I take it out and smile.

"No fever. You're fine."

He smiles, hops off the table and kisses me.

"I feel really bad," I sigh as we break away.