3A Meeting - Singing Contest

It was a lovely day in Beijing. The sky was clear and the bubbly student, Yu Shuxin has just arrived at school; she put her school shoes in the shoe rack and changed to indoor shoes. She noticed a tall girl who just passed behind her; inadvertently she glanced at her. The girl looks cold and fierce as she walks into the hallway where another girl was waiting for her.

"Xiaotang, did you make the math homework?"

"We have?" Xiaotang was puzzled, she had forgotten to make her homework last night because she was busy playing video games instead of doing it.

"Aiyama! Make it quickly! It's due today!" Sunrui beckoned her as they ran together to their classroom to make it.

"Good morning Shuxin," Kong Xueer greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, Xueer," She greeted back as she waited for Xueer who was putting her shoes in the shoe rack. A few seconds later, Xu Jiaqi entered the school entrance and took off her shoes to put it in the shoe rack.

"Good morning," She greeted the two.

"What did you two eat for breakfast?" Yu Shuxin asked to start a small talk. She was a transferee from Singapore and has just started school for a month now; and she's getting along well with her classmates, especially Kong Xueer, who sits next to her, and Xu Jiaqi, Kong Xueer's best friend. Yu Shuxin is talkative, optimistic, and friendly to everyone; it's not hard to get close to her, but her positivity makes some people think that she's being pretentious. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi might have thought that Yu Shuxin is a little extra but it didn't hinder them to like her. They thought that it's just innate in her. At least she is truthful to herself.

"Baozi," Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi replied at the same time; they looked at each other and averted right away.

"What about you, what did you eat for breakfast?" Kong Xueer asked. They started to walk inside the hallway going to their classroom. When the three of them walked in the hallway like they were the power puff beauties on the campus; the lower-year students were looking at them in admiration. Their school has a lot of pretty faces, especially the third-year students; their visuals were impeccable.

"I had French toast, bacon, sunny side up, and milk," She laughed softly as she touched her stomach. "I think I should cut my calorie intake. I'm getting fat."

"What do you mean fat? You don't need to lose more weight. I think your body looks great already." Xu Jiaqi meant it wholeheartedly. She couldn't understand why Yu Shuxin would think that she's fat. Yu Shuxin isn't fat; in fact, her body is in perfect shape.

"Where do you get the idea you're fat?" Xueer asked as she slid the door of their classroom.

Yu Shuxin pointed at her classmates. "How can I not? Look at our classmates. So pretty lah~" She pouted.

"Nonsense! You're beautiful," Xu Jiaqi slid a remark.

"Shuxin, it's all in your imagination." Kong Xueer chuckled as she entered the classroom first, then Yu Shuxin, and lastly, Xu Jiaqi. They put their bags inside their lockers at the back and prepare their notebook for their homeroom class.

The students in class 3A were minding their own business. Some were taking a nap, some were listening to music on their smartphones, and some were chatting with their classmates.

Yu Shuxin looked at the person next to her, Aria Jin was peacefully sleeping. She thought the latter must have been tired from her magazine pictorials or doing her daily routine.

"Shuxin, we're going to the comfort room, do you wanna come?" Kong Xueer asked. Yu Shuxin shook her head, she wanted to stay in the classroom. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi went out of their classroom.