Chapter 9: Restraint

Where is he taking me?
Wren didn't struggle against him. She couldn't. One wrong move and she was screwed. Soon enough, the two teleported away, and her eyes opened again. The scent hit her like a truck. She knew this place. She began to writhe in his grasp, whining.
"No, nononono! Maxwell, please, don't brand me again, please!"
He only laughed at her anguish, and shook his head. He wasn't going to brand her again, not at all. He was going to test if she knew right from wrong. He dropped her, no warning, and she hit the ground with a thud. She groaned, sitting up. Her eyes tore into him, and he could only smile as he pulled a rabbit from his coat. Animosity leaned into her ear, growling in fear.
I didn't know that was there. Don't struggle.
Wren shifted uncomfortably, and he hummed with contentment. Using a blade he had summoned from the dark, he began to trace the sharp end down its abdomen, causing it to squeal as the blood splattered against the cold tile floor. Oh, yeah. She wasn't shaking from fear anymore. That room was frigid. She shivered, but felt a surge of adrenaline tear through her as her eyes locked into the fresh body. She reached forward, and two claws darted around her waist, pulling her back.
"Ah, dear, do you really think I'll let you have this?"
He dangled the carcass above her, and with a chant, the form of the rabbit began to change. It grew larger.. And more familiar? Black pigtails... Wait.
"WILLOW?!"
She lurched forward, tears streaming her face, but felt her fangs unsheath. She grew angry, cursing at Animosity.
"STOP IT! STOP IT, THAT'S WILLOW! ANIMOSITY, STOP!"
Her own shrieks of terror pushed her away, as she sobbed quietly, muttering hushed apologies. She was saying Willow's name over and over, her eyes shut. Maxwell smiled, gently running his fingers through her hair.
"Good girl, Wren. You did good. It's not the firestarter, you don't need to get twisted up about that. It's just a little magic, that's all."
The form trembled back into the bludgeoned rabbit, as Wren could feel her hunger returning. She snarled, glaring at him.
"YOU MONSTER!"
His eyes burrowed into her, and she whimpered angrily.
"Mark my words, one day, you will pay for this. And you'll wish you had never brought us here. Do you hear me?!"
He laughed, grabbing her hair and pulling her up.
"I love you, pet, but you've got quite a mouth to be saying that. Aren't you forgetting a certain, little, CRUCIAL detail?"
Her eyes widened with fear as his face went from a fake smile to a dark, lustful anger.
"I OWN YOU."
She flinched when he raised his voice, and she whimpered. He laughed, his smile returning.
"I'll tell you what. Since you passed my test, you'll get your own space to turn. How's that?"
Turn? What does he mean? Her thought process was broken when he spoke again.
"But, since you decided to be snappy with me.."
He grabbed something from a table, something leathery. .
IS THAT A MUZZLE?
Maxwell clipped the thing over her face as she struggled, crying, trying to flee.
"No, NO! STOP IT!"
With a simple click, it was latched around her head. Maxwell snapped his fingers, and she was back in the forest..