o n e

It was cold outside. My throat was burning when I was trying to sing and my fingers could barely play the guitar. My whole body was shivering, but no one looked at poor young woman sitting on the path trying her best to earn just a little bit of money.

Life was never quite easy for me. First I lived with my grandma and then I moved to an orphanage. None of this was too bad, but after I finished high school, the orphanage refused to give me more money. I tried to contact my grandma or different family members, but they were either dead or nowhere to find.

I was left alone in the streets with only two pairs of clothes and a guitar - those were my only belongings. You probably know how hard is to stand up once you fall. All my life I had someone to take care of me and suddenly I had no home, no family and no money.

But I didn't want to give up. I wanted to make friends, go to college and find a proper job. I didn't set my goals too high – I just wanted a normal life.

It looked unattainably when I was just sitting there on the ground, guitar falling out of my frozen hands. I knew I couldn't really play that day and no one dared to give me money for nothing so they won't look like a freak.

Yes, I was homeless. And many people judged me for that – who didn't, right? When I had a 'normal' life before, I never walked to a begging stranger and gave him money. I thought that maybe this was a punishment for being so selfish. But I noticed most of the people do this, and no one ended up like this.

I decided to surrender. I started packing my things – not that I had many. I couldn't feel my fingers when I was counting the few coins someone has left there. It was enough for a bread and a bottle of water, hopefully.

I wanted to grab the money and put the guitar into the case, when suddenly I saw a waterfall of red hair swishing in front of my eyes then running to the end of the street. Most of my money was gone.

All I wanted to do was to sit there and cry, but I was raging. “Thief!“ I shouted at the top of my lungs and pointed at the red haired girl running away. Of course, no one listened to me, for them I was just dirty piece of trash. I decided to do it on my own, I grabbed the case with the guitar inside and ran.

My legs were shaking from cold and I haven't stood in a while, so I couldn't really run. And she was fast. I heard laughter before she flew by some old people and turned behind the corner. I couldn't do anything more – just stand there and watch snowflakes slowly fall to the ground.

_________________

Author's note:
This is my first story in English, since English isn't my native language. Feel free to correct my mistakes because I'm not sure if I wrote everything correctly.

Also – this is my first teen fiction and I have no idea how well it will go. I also won't add new chapters frequently, only when I have time to write some, because I'm also writing on my main profile.

That's it for now and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Thanks for reading!

P.S. sorry the chapter is so short, I'm not planning to write really long chapters.