*𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒚𝒆𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔*

{08:32 AM}

😻 the superior cats 😻

members: tetsurou kuroo, kenma kozume, y/n l/n, lev haiba and morisuke yaku

morisuke yaku
don't forget about training
tonight
especially you, y/n

sorryyy, i won't be late

tetsurou kuroo
that reminds me
where the fuck are you rn?

i slept in, but i'm omw

morisuke yaku
i told you to go to sleep
earlier

sorry mother-yaku,
shit came up

lev haiba
everything alright?

yeah yeah
we all good
be there in 5

i turned my phone off and began to run to school. i had to wake mum up this morning for work but she wouldn't move. i helped her get change and make her breakfast before cleaning up and getting ready for school.

two minutes late, not that bad.

i rushed into my homeroom and sat in my chair in the back row. the teacher didn't even noticed i was late.

thank the lord, i'm not getting another detention today.

---

school went by pretty fast. before i knew it, i was hearing the final bell, signalling the end of the day. i got up out of my seat and started to run out of the door.

"y/n, wait there," ms mizuki, my english teacher, stopped me. i moved out of the way of the door and walked over to her desk.

"is something the matter?" i asked politely, tapping my foot gently. i needed to get to training before the boys did, so i could get drinks ready. however, ms mizuki is my favourite teacher and it would be rude to rush her.

"i just wanted to talk about your latest essay," she grinned, taking my essay out of her drawer. "it was amazing, like always. but, it was a lot more, let's just say, powerful than your others."

i remember what i wrote about. it was a piece on loss and how it impacts someone's life. i was a wreck trying to write it. i spent hours on my laptop, trying to hold back my tears. i couldn't get any words out, none of them made any sense. 'be strong' i told myself, over and over again. i couldn't let it affect me, i had to look after my mum, do well in school and be the manager for the team. i had to find a way to move on, and i thought that by writing it all out, i could leave it behind me.

"yes," i nodded in response.

"dear, is everything alright? i could tell that these words meant a lot more than it showed," she had a small frown on her face.

"oh, everything is fine," i faked a smile.

"well, just know that i'm always here if you need someone to talk to," she smiled and i walked out of the room.

deep breaths, deep breaths...

---

"y/n, what took you so long?" coach called me out.

"sorry coach, got held up with a teacher," i shouted back as i ran to fill up the water bottles. my cheeks were red and i was panting hard.

"you okay?" kuroo came behind me. he knows when something's wrong, he's one of my best friends.