Prologue

Moonlight pierced through tangled branches of forest trees. It illuminated gently mosses, stones, rocks and the unconsious girl lying near the carriage on which the flames where slowly dying out.

When the rays of the light reached the eyes of the girl, she frowned slightly as if they annoyed her. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked few times to get them used to the lighting.

Smoke?

She raised her head, trying to find the source of the smell.

"Hiss!" A sound escaped from her mouth. Someone got hit pretty hardly. Pity it's me who experiences the effects. She gritted her teeth and very slowly rose from the ground.

As she woke up on slight slope it was a little bit easier to get up. Even so it still required a lot of effort. Next to her there was a road, well it was simply some hardened ground that cut the forest in two. On it stood the carriage, though calling it that way was an overstatement.

Among the fading flames stood charred remains of something that used to be a carriage, here and there still glowing red.

Step by step she walked over to them.

She looked at the remains then at their surroundings. A cold smile crept on her lips, but it never reached her eyes.

Murder?

Should I? Or not?

The smile widened, but it became sinister and bloodcurdling. She looked down at the ring on her finger and twisted it, the coldness in her eyes intensified.

Let the stars show you the path to a new life.

One second, one blink of an eye were enough. There was no trace left of any expression on her face. Only blank mask of indifference remained.

She walked along the round without looking back even once. What occurred here had nothing to do with her. Her silhouette dissapeared slowly among the shadows cast by the forest. In wildeerness however the question she was thinking about spread.

"Should I become an assassin this time?"