Chapter 1

Rosanna woke up to the sound of water dripping from the ceiling. Sigh. Life was rough in Saint Mary's orphanage. She slowly got up and reached for her worn out copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. She carefully stroked the cover and gently flipped through the pages. She remembered on her 12th birthday when her mother gave her the book, when it was new and nicely wrapped. Tears started to swell in her eyes. Oh how she would wish to snuggle up close to her again.
Steadily she got up and put on her slippers.

"Nana will be here any moment now." She thought to herself.

Rosanna slid down the banister of the spiral staircase. She heard the faint sound of keys jingling. Her nanny was home.

"Goodmorning my little mooncake." The old stout lady stood in the hallway- her arms wide open, waiting for a welcoming hug. Rosanna ran into her arms squeezing her tightly.

"Offf- becareful dear you don't want to sprain my ankle ho ho!" Nana chuckled and then let go.

"Well since you've lost most of your harry potter books. I went to the market and found a big collection of the m so I bought it for you." She said smiling

She pulled out a stack of books from her bag. Rosanna was in shock.