Verse 1

"You can leave me, take away all that I have
You can want me, love me for who I am..."

The piano started playing, I took a deep breath while everyone waited in silent. I closed my eyes and took a tight grip on the bouquet. As I opened my eyes, tears started falling in my eyes. At that moment, I know there's no turning back. I smiled faintly, and started to move forward.

This familiar melody, I've heard this a million times and hearing this now made me hate what I used to love. Every step I make, brings me back to the past, the past that I wanted to bring back, always.

As I sat behind the piano and started moving my fingers over the keys. It was like I was lost in my own world behind the piano as my fingers move over the keys softly, giving a melancholy atmosphere, my eyes were shut until I reached the end of the piece. As I slowly open my eyes a guy on his twenties was standing in front of me, his eyes were empathetic. He was staring at me for a few seconds until his composure relaxes.

I looked at him questioningly, as I was informed that no one can enter this room, he laughed awkwardly as he tries to compose himself and I just sat there waiting.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to barge in." he started "I could hear you across the hall, and it was just so" he seem to find his words.

"Awful?" I continued in an annoyed tone.

"Not awful." He exclaimed. "Beautifully, sad. If I interpret that right." He continued.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag sitting next to me, and move towards the door, however I felt his tight grip on my arms twirling me forward to him.

It was seconds of an in depth eye contact, his arm still holding mine, while his other around my waist for support. He was so close that I could feel his breathing, smell his scent, and notice his light brown eyes and long eye lashes.

I gained my consciousness and I was able to push him back that made him lose his balance and fall to the white floorings. Then that was my chance to escape from that room, I rushed outside hoping that he won't follow me. I ran as fast as I could away from him. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath, leaning against the wall. I'm still gasping for air, that I thought I was to faint out.

"Mina!" I heard someone shouted my name. As I looked around, I saw my best friend getting closer.

I still can't barely talk with all the running, as she reached me I felt her hands patting my back.

"What happened?" Her voice worried. "I was about to visit you on Room 407 but you were not there." She continued.

"There was a jerk there." I exclaimed. Her expression changes to someone furious.

"What did they do?" She said angrily.

"Nothing." I answered, still trying to catch my breath. "But, I won't get back there." I continued.

She handed me a bottle of water which I drank quickly.

As the day continues, my mind was filled with the thoughts of the guy in Room 407, he seems to be a new student in the school since it was the first time I saw him.

"Are you okay?" My best friend whispers. I snapped back and nodded at her. Alex was my best friend since birth. My family and her family are also close, so I'm not surprised that we will be close eventually.

She smiles back and continue writing notes on her notebook, as the teacher continue on his discussion, girls started screaming in the corridor. Some of my classmates ran out to the window to check while our teacher started to calm us down. A few moments later someone knocked on the door and the principal came in.

Alongside him, was a tall dashing young man came in. His short hair dye with brown colour, pointed nose. As our eyes met I knew it was him, the guy from Room 407.

My eyes widened, and he smirked at me. "Hello class, this is a late notice but I would like to introduce to you Mr. Cody Martin, he will be part of this class starting today."

He bowed to all of us and smiled shyly. "Well, Mr. Martin, we still have some chairs to fill out, you may choose where you want to sit." Our teacher said.

Our eyes met again, and this time I looked away. "You may continue your class, i'm sorry to interrupt, have a great day." Our principal exclaimed.

The rest of the girls in the class adoring the new addition to the class even volunteering to seat beside them. There were fifteen of us in this class with five vacant seats. But Cody, he chose to sit on the chair beside me.

I didn't dare to take a look at him again. I don't want our eyes to meet like that again. I can't bare it.

That's how I met him, it was awkward. But as I came nearer on where I was going, why am I getting scared?

Do I really have to feel this way?