Chapter 3: A Better Man

Author's Notes | One more series coming to an end

Author's Notes | One more series coming to an end. Sorry for the short work, but I hope you guys have enjoyed this one!

Words | 1972

Warnings: Erotic content, mentions of betrayal.

⁑ Warnings: Erotic content, mentions of betrayal

Some things change.

Hvitserk couldn't really say he missed the time with his lovers anymore. It was good to have so many women around him, so full of desire, so ready for him. But it was better to have you around, full of what he discovered was love.

That feeling that was filling him inside every time you were smiling, the fulfilling sensation of earning a laugh, one of your touches...

Your desire.

It took a bunch of months for him to finally think it was time to try and get laid with you one more time but you fully surprised him when he arrived home from one of his meetings at the hall and the house was smelling differently. You changed the aromatic wood, spread candles all around your home creating a different illumination pattern that Hvitserk didn't miss. And you were there to receive him, but not in your usual apron dresses. Instead, you received him in a beautiful nightgown, fresh from an herbal bath he could smell in your skin when you came closer, standing on your tiptoes to kiss his lips before even saying your usual sentence whenever he would enter his home.

"Welcome home, husband..."

You were trying to seduce him. And Hvitserk caught himself completely involved in the ambiance you'd created for the two of you, looking at you with surprise, but desire in his eyes as well.

As your hands slid his cloak away from his body, his eyes scanned that nightgown recognizing the embroidery and tissue: he had seen you working in those details not far from that day and so, he understood...

You were preparing that night for him, just like you had prepared your whole life to meet and marry him. And this time, he wouldn't leave your efforts unanswered.

His hands touched gently the delicate tissue of your nightgown, feeling the intricate embroidery you had done, gently pressing it against your skin to feel your contours under it. His breath became heavier when you sighed for his touches and Hvitserk noticed how starved he was for your touches.