trapped.

"Mel, you should stay and rest for a bit, don't cha think?" Audrina scrunched up her face when she smelled my rancid beer breath.

"No, I wanna go." I pushed her aside and walked into my room, taking off my shirt and throwing it aside.

I opened my closet door and searched for a suitable dress. Anything would do, really.

"You're not thinking straight. Stay and we'll bring you some food and let you rest." Audrina stood at the doorway, nervously clutching the fabric of her dress.

I ignored her concerns. I am perfectly fine on my own. I've sobered up, maybe not completely but enough to go out and have fun.

"You're back! Where's Noah?" Tiffany walked in my room and plopped down on the bed, munching on a small bag of chips. She looked nice, tight black jeans and a lacy bralette. She had multiple chains around her neck, one of them being Natalie's name.

"He's busy." I pulled out a tight dress, looking at it in the mirror.

"Do you like it?"

Audrina glanced at it, nodding cautiously.

"Yeah it's great." Tiffany reached out to touch the fabric, smiling as she did so.

"Hey Tiff, come here." Audrey pulled her out of the room, leaving me here by myself.

I put the dress on, pulling it down my body. I took off my shorts, throwing them aside.

The dress was a dark, navy blue with chain straps. I furrowed my brows looking at myself in the mirror. It didn't feel right.

I didn't feel right.

"So, you sure you wanna go out?" Tiffany creeped into my room, eyeing me up and down.

"I'm fine! You guys are so annoying." I rolled my eyes and brushed past her, grabbing eyeliner and putting it on. I didn't need much makeup, just a bit of concealer to cover up the puffiness.

"Well maybe we wouldn't be if you weren't a whole mess right now." She grabbed my shoulder to get my attention.

"You just got out of a relationship! You're allowed to be sad and mourn. You don't need to prove anything to anyone." She took the concealer wand out of my hand so I would listen.

I felt anger bubbling up inside of me, I wanted to slap her. I don't need anyone telling me what to do.  Why was everyone bugging me?
Stating the obvious "you broke up" wouldn't help me at all.

"I'm not trying to prove myself! I just need to go out and leave my mind somewhere else tonight. Let me do it." I snatched the wand back, finishing up my makeup.

"We're all here for you, y'know. What he did was awful, and I kno-"

"I'm ready." I cut her off, not caring to hear what she had to say about Noah and I. The whole point of tonight was to forget. I got up and walked out if the room, grabbing a worn out pair of heels as I did so.

I heard her sigh behind me, getting up and leaving.

"Hey girl! Didn't know you were partying with us tonight." Natalie was seated with Ryan and Audrina, laughing like she was drunk already.

I smiled, giving her a fist bump.

*

"Right guys, no more than 4 hours okay?" Tiffany said to us as we walked into the crowded bar.

"Don't leave with anyone." She said in my ear so only I could hear. I rolled my eyes, taking a seat at the bar. I ordered a fruity drink, putting my head down as the music pounded in my ears.